La Damnation de Faust, Op. 24 / H 111: study score
by Hector Berlioz ; Charles Malherbe (editor) ; Felix Weingartner (editor)
100 Copies Available from This Seller
Standard Delivery: 10 to 14 days
More Shipping Options
Ask Seller a Question
Payment Methods Accepted
About This Item
Berlioz composed his tremendous "Legende dramatique" in 1845-46, largely creating his own libretto after Gerard de Nerval's French translation of the famous Faust story by Goethe. The composer produced the dramatic oratorio at his own expense for the premiere on December 6, 1846 at Paris' Opera-Comique. Despite critical acclaim, the performance was not well-attended - a major financial setback for the composer. This new study score is a digitally-enhanced reprint of the score issued in 1901 by Breitkopf & Hartel as part of the projected Berlioz Complete Works, edited by Charles Malherbe and Felix Weingartner. As with all Petrucci Library Press scores, a percentage of each sale is contributed to support the award-winning free wiki for music scores and recordings, IMSLP/Petrucci Music Library.
7.44 x 9.69 inches, 436 pages.
Original issue - Leipzig: Breitkopf & Hartel, 1900-07. Plate H.B. 29-30
Review this book and you'll be entered for a chance to win $50!
(Log-in or create an account first!)
- Serenissima Music, Inc. (US)
- Bookseller Inventory #
- La Damnation de Faust, Op. 24 / H 111
- Hector Berlioz ; Charles Malherbe (editor) ; Felix Weingartner (editor)
- Book condition
- New New
- Quantity available
- First edition thus
- ISBN 10
- ISBN 13
- Petrucci Library Press
- Place of Publication
- Date published
- Hector Berlioz, La Damnation de Faust,, Op. 24, H 111, Charles Malherbe, Felix Weingartner, Breitkopf & Hartel, opera, orchestra, music score, study score, partitur
- Bookseller catalogs
- Study scores; MUSIC / Genres & Styles / Opera;
Terms of Sale
Serenissima Music, Inc.
Checks must clear prior to shipment. Returns permitted up to 90 days for any reason for full refund on our own publications provided item is returned in same condition as shipped. Return for up to 30 days for other publications for any reason provided item is returned in original condition.
About the Seller
About Serenissima Music, Inc.
Some terminology that may be used in this description includes:
- Full page illustration or photograph. Plates are printed separately from the text of the book, and bound in at production. I.e.,...[more]
- A new book is a book previously not circulated to a buyer. Although a new book is typically free of any faults or defects,...[more]
- Any printing of a book which follows the original edition. By definition, a reprint is not a first edition.