Payment Methods Accepted
About This Item
New York: St. Martin's Press, 1964. Octavo, cloth-backed boards. First edition. "In the fourth century 'after the Deluge' a medieval world, dominated by the Holy Marcan Church, consists partly of feudal kingdoms, partly of Athenian city-states," - Gerber, Utopian Fantasy (1973), p. 161. 1964 Nebula and 1965 Hugo nominee. Anatomy of Wonder (2004) II-841. Survey of Science Fiction Literature I, pp. 493-96. Owner's name and address at top edge of front free endpaper. Very mild tanning to spine panel, else a fine copy in poor dust jacket with light wear along to and bottom edges, tape and tape ghosts, and some general dust soiling. (#165388)
Review this book and you'll be entered for a chance to win $50!
(Log-in or create an account first!)
- L. W. Currey, Inc. (US)
- Bookseller Inventory #
- Pangborn, Edgar
- Book condition
- Quantity available
- St. Martin's Press
- Place of Publication
- New York
- Date published
- Coming of Age; Holocaust and After; Satirical SF; Tale of the Future; Utopian Literature; Website Only
Terms of Sale
L. W. Currey, Inc.
30 day return guarantee, with full refund including shipping costs for up to 30 days after delivery if an item arrives misdescribed or damaged.
About the Seller
Biblio.com member since: 2007
Elizabethtown, New York
Ask Seller a Question
About L. W. Currey, Inc.
We buy and sell rare, fine and collectible first edition books, magazines, letters and manuscripts in all fields of popular fiction, with an emphasis on science fiction, fantasy and utopian literature from the earliest times to end of the twentieth century. We are open to the public by appointment only.
Some terminology that may be used in this description includes:
- A book in fine condition exhibits no flaws. A fine condition book closely approaches As New condition, but may lack the...[more]
- Sometimes used as another term for dust jacket, a protective and often decorative wrapper, usually made of paper which wraps...[more]
- Another of the terms referring to page or book size, octavo refers to a standard printer's sheet folded four times, producing...[more]
- A book with significant wear and faults. A poor condition book is still a reading copy with the full text still readable. Any...[more]
- The collective of the top, fore and bottom edges of the text block of the book, being that part of the edges of the pages of a...[more]
- The outer portion of a book which covers the actual binding. The spine usually faces outward when a book is placed on a shelf....[more]
- First Edition
- In book collecting, the first edition is the earliest published form of a book. A book may have more than one first edition in...[more]