Death Be Not Proud: A Memoir (Modern Library #286.1)
by GUNTHER, John
- Near Fine in Good+ dust jacket
Payment Methods Accepted
About This Item
New York: The Modern Library / Random House. Near Fine in Good+ dust jacket. [c.1964]. Hardcover. A Modern Library edition of John Gunther's moving remembrance of his son (John Gunther Jr.), who died valiantly at a young age of a brain tumor. This work first published in 1949. The title is borrowed from John Donne's Sonnet X. Includes an introduction by the author. --- In Toledano spine 10 / rust cloth / ML hex logo blindstamped to front cover / gilt-stamped spine titling & torchbearer / grey Kent endpapers / jacket style i, verso lists ML titles, but no total number. Likely published c.1964 (though 1953 date appears in book). ML #286.1. --- With a shallow dent to rear cover fore-edge, else a clean, tightly-bound, bright copy. Unclipped dust jacket with considerable scuffing to spine ends and extremities, a couple of tears but otherwise bright and protected in removable mylar wrapper.; 12mo - 7 to 7-1/2 in. tall; xxii, 261 pages .
Review this book and you’ll be entered for a chance to win !
(Log-in or Create an Account first!)
- Bluebird Books (US)
- Bookseller’s Inventory #
- Death Be Not Proud: A Memoir (Modern Library #286.1)
- GUNTHER, John
- Book condition
- Used - Near Fine in Good+ dust jacket
- The Modern Library / Random House
- Place of Publication
- New York
- Date Published
- Bookseller catalogs
- >>Biography, Autobiography, Memoir;
Terms of Sale
All sales sold on a satisfaction guaranteed basis--all we ask is that you notify us within 30 days of purchase that you would like to return an item.
About the Seller
Biblio.com member since 2005
Ask Seller a Question
About Bluebird Books
Bluebird Books is the bookselling business of Eric Mayer, operating from my base in Littleton, Colorado. I specialize in classic fiction and literature, books on birds and natural history, railroadiana, biography, history and many other genres. Bluebird Books features publications by the Modern Library and Everyman's Library. I offer free shipping on books shipped within the US via USPS Media Mail. INTERNATIONAL ORDERS: I recommend that you use Biblio.com for your international orders because they have formed a partnership with Asendia to allow for much more affordable shipping on parcels weighing under 5 lb. (about 2.26 kg).
Some terminology that may be used in this description includes:
- A duodecimo is a book approximately 7 by 4.5 inches in size, or similar in size to a contemporary mass market paperback.... [More]
- Sometimes used as another term for dust jacket, a protective and often decorative wrapper, usually made of paper which wraps... [More]
- The page bound on the left side of a book, opposite to the recto page.
- A book in fine condition exhibits no flaws. A fine condition book closely approaches As New condition, but may lack the... [More]
- A term used to denote a condition a slight grade better than Good.
- "Cloth-bound" generally refers to a hardcover book with cloth covering the outside of the book covers. The cloth is stretched... [More]
- The outer portion of a book which covers the actual binding. The spine usually faces outward when a book is placed on a shelf.... [More]