Democracy in America, in Two Volumes (Fine Binding)
by Alexis de Tocqueville; Translated by Henry Reeve, with an Original Preface and Notes by John C. Spencer
- near fine
- Near Fine/No Jacket, As Issued
Bloomington, Indiana, United States
More Shipping Options
Payment Methods Accepted
About This Item
(Log in or Create an Account first!)
- Dale Steffey Books, ABAA (US)
- Bookseller's Inventory #
- Democracy in America, in Two Volumes (Fine Binding)
- Alexis de Tocqueville; Translated by Henry Reeve, with an Original Preface and Notes by John C. Spencer
- Book Condition
- Used - Near Fine
- Jacket Condition
- No Jacket, As Issued
- Fourth American Edition
- Henry G. Langley
- Place of Publication
- New York
- Date Published
- 8vo - over 7¾" - 9&f
- Bookseller catalogs
- U.S. History; Fine Bindings; RMBPF 2019;
- May be a multi-volume set and require additional postage.
Terms of Sale
Dale Steffey Books, ABAA
Any book is returnable for any reason within 10 days for a complete refund, as long as it is returned in the same condition as when received. Please notify in advance of return. I accept checks, money orders, Mastercard, Visa, and bank wire transfer.
About the Seller
About Dale Steffey Books, ABAA
Some terminology that may be used in this description includes:
- The decorative application of gold or gold coloring to a portion of a book on the spine, edges of the text block, or an inlay in...
- A book in fine condition exhibits no flaws. A fine condition book closely approaches As New condition, but may lack the...
- Raised Band(s)
- Raised bands refer to the ridges that protrude slightly from the spine on leather bound books. The bands are created in the...
- Title Page
- A page at the front of a book which may contain the title of the book, any subtitles, the authors, contributors, editors, the...
- Good describes the average used and worn book that has all pages or leaves present. Any defects must be noted. (as defined by AB...
- Fine Binding
- An elaborate and decorative binding, example including a leather-bound book with gilt edges, raised blind stamps, raised ribs,...
- Sometimes used as another term for dust jacket, a protective and often decorative wrapper, usually made of paper which wraps...
- The collective of the top, fore and bottom edges of the text block of the book, being that part of the edges of the pages of a...
- Morocco is a style of leather book binding that is usually made with goatskin, as it is durable and easy to dye. (see also...