THE DEMOLISHED MAN
by ALFRED BESTER
- See description
Payment Methods Accepted
About This Item
A very good to nearly fine copy in a fair dust jacket. Spine in very good to fine condition. Front and back cover pristine except for a 1" line of black 'dottish' marks on the bottom of the back cover. Book appears unread and all inside pages are fresh and clean. Mildew staining on the top of the pages(only seen looking down at book). Dust jacket, a 1" vertical tear on the front and a small stain on the back. Top of the jacket in poor condition due to a black tape used to try to preserve the book. Original $3.00 price perfectly intact. Dust jacket itself still complete, vibrant in color and functional. Please see pictures. More pictures available upon request.
Thank you for looking!
The Demolished Man, by Alfred Bester, is a science fiction novel that was the first Hugo Award winner in 1953. The story was first serialized in three parts, beginning with the January 1952 issue of Galaxy Science Fiction, followed by publication of the novel in 1953. The novel is dedicated to Galaxy's editor, H. L. Gold, who made suggestions during its writing. Bester's title was Demolition!, but Gold talked him out of it.
Review this book and you’ll be entered for a chance to win !
(Log-in or Create an Account first!)
- RPM FIRST EDITION FINDS (US)
- Bookseller’s Inventory #
- THE DEMOLISHED MAN
- ALFRED BESTER
- Book condition
- Quantity available
- Place of Publication
- Date Published
- SCIENCE FICTION, HUGO AWARD, ALFRED BESTER
Terms of Sale
RPM FIRST EDITION FINDS
About the Seller
About RPM FIRST EDITION FINDS
Some terminology that may be used in this description includes:
- A plain weave fabric normally made from cotton or linen which is stiffened with starch or other chemicals to cover the book... [More]
- The outer portion of a book which covers the actual binding. The spine usually faces outward when a book is placed on a shelf.... [More]
- Mildew is an all-too-common affliction that plagues books and erodes their collectibility, value and preservation. A fungus... [More]
- First Edition
- In book collecting, the first edition is the earliest published form of a book. A book may have more than one first edition in... [More]
- is a worn book that has complete text pages (including those with maps or plates) but may lack endpapers, half-title, etc.... [More]
- A book with significant wear and faults. A poor condition book is still a reading copy with the full text still readable. Any... [More]
- Sometimes used as another term for dust jacket, a protective and often decorative wrapper, usually made of paper which wraps... [More]
- A book in fine condition exhibits no flaws. A fine condition book closely approaches As New condition, but may lack the... [More]