The Dialogues of Plato. Translated into English, with Analyses and Introductions. 4 Volumes
by Plato; Jowett, Benjamin (Trans.)
- Good Plus/No Jacket, As Issued
Granville, New York
Payment Methods Accepted
About This Item
NY: Charles Scribner, 1872. Complete in 4 Volumes, as published. NY: Charles Scribner, 1872. 8vo., 6" x 8 1/2", x+681; 607; 599; 594pp. plus ads. Pebbled purple cloth with gilt spine titles. Some age toning to the paper, two volumes slightly shaken, with corner chips off several sheets. Bindings strong and well preserved. Good plus. . Hard. Good Plus/No Jacket, As Issued. 8vo.
Review this book and you’ll be entered for a chance to win !
(Log in or Create an Account first!)
- The Wild Muse (US)
- Bookseller’s Inventory #
- The Dialogues of Plato. Translated into English, with Analyses and Introductions. 4 Volumes
- Plato; Jowett, Benjamin (Trans.)
- Book condition
- Used - Good Plus
- Jacket condition
- No Jacket, As Issued
- Charles Scribner
- Place of Publication
- Date Published
Terms of Sale
The Wild Muse
Returnable within 10 days.
About the Seller
Biblio.com member since 2005
Granville, New York
Ask Seller a Question
About The Wild Muse
Literary and modern first editions. Established 1985. Mail order only.
Some terminology that may be used in this description includes:
- The outer portion of a book which covers the actual binding. The spine usually faces outward when a book is placed on a shelf.... [More]
- The decorative application of gold or gold coloring to a portion of a book on the spine, edges of the text block, or an inlay in... [More]
- A hardcover in which the text block is loose, but still attached to the binding.
- "Cloth-bound" generally refers to a hardcover book with cloth covering the outside of the book covers. The cloth is stretched... [More]
- Sometimes used as another term for dust jacket, a protective and often decorative wrapper, usually made of paper which wraps... [More]
- Pebbled cloth or leather describes the covering of a hardcover book with a decorative texture of repeated small raised bumps,... [More]