A Dictionary Of South African English On Historical Principles: (Signed By Nelson Mandela)
by Mandela, Nelson & Silva, Penny (Ed.)
- Fine/No DJ as issued.
Market Harborough, Leicestershire
Standard Delivery: 14 to 21 days
More Shipping Options
Ask Seller a Question
Payment Methods Accepted
About This Item
Published by the Oxford University Press in Association with The Dictionary Unit for South African English in 1996. Original full dark blue morocco, titles to upper board and spine gilt, 3 bands to spine and marbled endpapers. With the blue and grey cloth slipcase. A Fine copy in the near Fine slipcase. This is number '80' of a limitation of only 100 copies, Signed on the title page by Nelson Mandela, in his capacity as Founder and Chairperson of the Nelson Mandela's Children's Fund. Highly collectible. The First edition of this culmination of over three decades' work towards a thoroughly historical dictionary of South African English, published by the Oxford University press. Ashton Rare Books welcomes direct contact. Due to the size and weight of this book, extra postage may be necessary for international buyers.
Review this book and you'll be entered for a chance to win $50!
(Log-in or create an account first!)
- Ashton Rare Books ABA, PBFA, ILAB (GB)
- Bookseller Inventory #
- A Dictionary Of South African English On Historical Principles
- Mandela, Nelson & Silva, Penny (Ed.)
- Book condition
- Used - Fine
- Jacket condition
- No DJ as issued.
- Quantity available
- Signed Limited Edition
- Oxford University Press
- Place of Publication
- Date published
- Africa, Dictionary, Nobel, Mandela, Oxford,
Terms of Sale
Ashton Rare Books ABA, PBFA, ILAB
30 day return guarantee, with full refund including original shipping costs for up to 30 days after delivery if an item arrives misdescribed or damaged.
About the Seller
About Ashton Rare Books ABA, PBFA, ILAB
Some terminology that may be used in this description includes:
- First Edition
- In book collecting, the first edition is the earliest published form of a book. A book may have more than one first edition in...[more]
- The decorative application of gold or gold coloring to a portion of a book on the spine, edges of the text block, or an inlay in...[more]
- The outer portion of a book which covers the actual binding. The spine usually faces outward when a book is placed on a shelf....[more]
- "Cloth-bound" generally refers to a hardcover book with cloth covering the outside of the book covers. The cloth is stretched...[more]
- title page
- A page at the front of a book which may contain the title of the book, any subtitles, the authors, contributors, editors, the...[more]
- A book in fine condition exhibits no flaws. A fine condition book closely approaches As New condition, but may lack the...[more]
- Morocco is a style of leather book binding that is usually made with goatskin, as it is durable and easy to dye. (see also...[more]