Die Riviera das Sudostliche Frankreich Korsika Die Kurorte in Sudtirol, an den Oberitalischen Seen und am Genfer See: Handbuch fur Reisende. Dritte Auflage
by Baedeker, Karl
- See description
Hay on Wye, Herefordshire
Standard Delivery: 8 to 25 days
More Shipping Options
Ask Seller a Question
Payment Methods Accepted
About This Item
The signature Von Sommerfeld may be of some interest, and worthy of further research, as the full cognomen is uncommon. (Constantin von Summerfeld, brother of Hans, the other candidate for this signature died in 1940).Hans Von Sommerfeld German Lieutenant General of the Wehrmacht. Born Madgeburg 7th Jan 1888. Born into a military family, during WW1 he received both the Iron Cross (first and second class) and the Knight's Cross of the Royal Order of Hohenzollern, as well as other awards. Member of the Johanniter Order.
1935 CO if Inf Reg 33
1939 CO Heeresdienststelle
1939 CO Grenzschutzenkommando 9
1939 CO 526th Inf Div
1942 CO 306th Inf Div
1944 CO "Division 462"
1944 Rheinkommandeur II
US POW 1945-47
The date 21.4.47 is written on the rep. It is recorded that von Sommerfeld was not released as US prisoner of war until 1947. Following the end of the war, British and American authorities agreed to hold their highest-ranking Wehrmacht prisoners until some semblance of order could be restored to Germany.
Died 1961 Monchengladbach.
Review this book and you'll be entered for a chance to win $50!
(Log-in or create an account first!)
- Paul Haynes Rare Books (GB)
- Bookseller Inventory #
- Die Riviera das Sudostliche Frankreich Korsika Die Kurorte in Sudtirol, an den Oberitalischen Seen und am Genfer See
- Baedeker, Karl
- Book condition
- Quantity available
- Verlag von Karl Baedeker
- Place of Publication
- Date published
- Travel, France, Riviera, Italy, Liguria, Corsica
- Bookseller catalogs
- Europe; Travel Guide Books; France and French Interest;
Terms of Sale
Paul Haynes Rare Books
We hope to describe items accurately, and any purchase may be returned if it does not correspond with the description, on condition that postal arrangements for return are confirmed as soon as possible with us in advance of return.
30 day return guarantee, with full refund including original shipping costs for up to 30 days after delivery if an item arrives misdescribed or damaged. All items are fully insured during transit, a signature will be required on delivery. Heavier items and multi volume sets may incur a commensurate increase in the postage cost. Post Brexit postage costs have suddenly increased, and may be subject to change. We will endeavour to find the most cost efficient means of postage for our customers. If we can find a lower price for postage we will adjust the charge accordingly. Regrettably, European customers may find that there are currently long delays in delivery due to the Brexit chaos.
About the Seller
About Paul Haynes Rare Books
Some terminology that may be used in this description includes:
- The collective of the top, fore and bottom edges of the text block of the book, being that part of the edges of the pages of a...[more]
- Full page illustration or photograph. Plates are printed separately from the text of the book, and bound in at production. I.e.,...[more]
- The portion of the endpaper which is left loose after binding. The first loose page upon opening a book from the rear. It may be...[more]
- When a book is described as being inscribed, it indicates that a short note written by the author or a previous owner has...[more]
- A state in which all or some of the pages of a book have not been separated from the adjacent pages, caused by a traditional...[more]
- The decorative application of gold or gold coloring to a portion of a book on the spine, edges of the text block, or an inlay in...[more]
- The outer portion of a book which covers the actual binding. The spine usually faces outward when a book is placed on a shelf....[more]
- half title
- The blank front page which appears just prior to the title page, and typically contains only the title of the book, although, at...[more]
- In reference to a hinge or a book's binding, means that the glue which holds the opposing leaves has allowed them to separate,...[more]