Disraeli: A Picture of the Victorian Age (Modern Library #46.2)
by MAUROIS, André
- Very Good+ in Fair dust jacket
Payment Methods Accepted
About This Item
New York: The Modern Library / Random House. Very Good+ in Fair dust jacket. [c.1957]. Hardcover. A Modern Library edition of the biography of the British Prime Minister Benjamin Disraeli, from a French perspective. During his term, Britain greatly strengthened her worldwide empire. Translated from the French by Hamish Miles. With an unattributed biographical note about the author. Jacket with E. McKnight Kauffer image of Disraeli to front panel. --- In Toledano spine 8 / green cloth / gilt titling on black spine & cover blocks / black topstain / grey Kent endpapers / jacket style i, verso advertises 379 titles in ML catalog. Likely published c.1957 (though 1955 date appears in book). ML #46.2. --- A very nice copy: clean, tightly-bound and unmarked. Price-clipped dust jacket with severe sunning to spine (title is readable) & slight chipping and rubbing to extremities but otherwise intact and protected in removable mylar wrapper.; 12mo 7" - 7-1/2" tall; xiii, 379 pages .
Review this book and you’ll be entered for a chance to win !
(Log-in or Create an Account first!)
- Bluebird Books (US)
- Bookseller’s Inventory #
- Disraeli: A Picture of the Victorian Age (Modern Library #46.2)
- MAUROIS, André
- Book condition
- Used - Very Good+ in Fair dust jacket
- The Modern Library / Random House
- Place of Publication
- New York
- Date Published
- Bookseller catalogs
- >>Biography, Autobiography, Memoir; >>England, UK and UK History;
Terms of Sale
All sales sold on a satisfaction guaranteed basis--all we ask is that you notify us within 30 days of purchase that you would like to return an item.
About the Seller
Biblio.com member since 2005
Ask Seller a Question
About Bluebird Books
Bluebird Books is the bookselling business of Eric Mayer, operating from my base in Littleton, Colorado. I specialize in classic fiction and literature, books on birds and natural history, railroadiana, biography, history and many other genres. Bluebird Books features publications by the Modern Library and Everyman's Library. I offer free shipping on books shipped within the US via USPS Media Mail. INTERNATIONAL ORDERS: I recommend that you use Biblio.com for your international orders because they have formed a partnership with Asendia to allow for much more affordable shipping on parcels weighing under 5 lb. (about 2.26 kg).
Some terminology that may be used in this description includes:
- Abrasion or wear to the surface. Usually used in reference to a book's boards or dust-jacket.
- The decorative application of gold or gold coloring to a portion of a book on the spine, edges of the text block, or an inlay in... [More]
- A term used to denote a condition a slight grade better than Good.
- Sometimes used as another term for dust jacket, a protective and often decorative wrapper, usually made of paper which wraps... [More]
- The outer portion of a book which covers the actual binding. The spine usually faces outward when a book is placed on a shelf.... [More]
- A duodecimo is a book approximately 7 by 4.5 inches in size, or similar in size to a contemporary mass market paperback.... [More]
- A defect in which small pieces are missing from the edges; fraying or small pieces of paper missing the edge of a paperback, or... [More]
- The page bound on the left side of a book, opposite to the recto page.
- "Cloth-bound" generally refers to a hardcover book with cloth covering the outside of the book covers. The cloth is stretched... [More]
- is a worn book that has complete text pages (including those with maps or plates) but may lack endpapers, half-title, etc.... [More]