Dissertation sur les Raisons d'tablir ou d' Abroger les Loix...
by Frederick II, King of Prussia, 1712-1786. Formey, Jean-Henri-Samuel, 1711-1797. Burckhard, Johann Heinrich, 1676-1738
- See description
Cranston, Rhode Island
Standard Delivery: 2 to 8 days
More Shipping Options
Ask Seller a Question
Payment Methods Accepted
About This Item
Utrecht: Chez Sorli, MDCCLI . Hard Cover. 130 p.; 17 cm. Attributed to Frederick II --NUC pre-1956. Title continues: A laquelle on a joint l'Examen de l'Usure suivant les Principes du Droit Naturel. Kress 5457; Goldsmiths'-Kress no. 08645.0-A; Cioranescu 29591; 29182. The Formey text on usury is at pages 86-130. With this is bound Epistola ad Godofredum Guilielmum Leibnitium, qua characterem plantarum naturalem non a partibus earum peti posse ostendit by Johann Heinrich Burckhard, published Helmstadii, 1750. a reprint of his 1702 publication where Burckhard and Leibniz had developed some ideas, well before Linnaeus, regarding the sexual organs of plants. This edition contains a 98-page introduction by Laurentius Heister before the reprint (pp. -159) with a 15-page index. The two folded hand-colored plates are here but 1/3 of the first is torn off. Pritzel (2nd ed.) 1378. Two significant books of the mid-18th Centiry Enlightenment bound together in contemporary 3/4 calf. Bookplate of Royal Barry Wills. (architect), 1895-1962; very good. Stock#OB1001.
Review this book and you'll be entered for a chance to win $50!
(Log-in or create an account first!)
- The Owl at the Bridge (US)
- Bookseller Inventory #
- Dissertation sur les Raisons d'tablir ou d' Abroger les Loix...
- Frederick II, King of Prussia, 1712-1786. Formey, Jean-Henri-Samuel, 1711-1797. Burckhard, Johann Heinrich, 1676-1738
- Hard Cover
- Book condition
- Quantity available
- Chez Sorli
- Place of Publication
- Date published
- MDCCLI 
- Antiquarian: 1701-1800
- Bookseller catalogs
- Collectible and Rare Books;
Terms of Sale
The Owl at the Bridge
Ten-day return guarantee; full refund includes original shipping cost for up to ten days after delivery if an item is misdescribed or damaged. Different carrier (UPS, FedEx, DHL) on request.
About the Seller
About The Owl at the Bridge
Some terminology that may be used in this description includes:
- Highly sought after by some collectors, a book plate is an inscribed or decorative device that identifies the owner, or former...[more]
- Calf or calf hide is a common form of leather binding. Calf binding is naturally a light brown but there are ways to treat...[more]
- Any printing of a book which follows the original edition. By definition, a reprint is not a first edition.