Payment Methods Accepted
About This Item
Frederick A. Stokes Company, 1926. Hardcover. Good/No Jacket. Good ; No jacket. 1926 Frederick A. Stokes Company. First Edition, stated. Hardcover has blue cloth-covered boards with black spine and cover lettering and decorations and a paste-on color paper illustration on the front cover. Illustrated by the author. Color illustrated endpapers with yellow and green birds. Color frontispiece with tissue guard. Black and white illustrations. 342 pages. NOT ex-library. Back hinge cracked; webbing showing near top. Binding pulled slightly at half-title page. Corners and spine ends bumped and rubbed, with some fraying at tips and spine ends. Covers have light surface and edge wear; light chipping to edges of paste-on illustration. Spine very lightly sunned. Name in ink on verso of title page, along with a glued-on rectangle of card stock with a Christmas gift inscription, dated 1926. Pages lightly and uniformly tanned but still supple. Pages clean and unmarked. No dust jacket. Carefully packed, shipped in a box.
Review this book and you'll be entered for a chance to win $50!
(Log-in or create an account first!)
- SmarterRat Books (US)
- Bookseller Inventory #
- Doctor Dolittle's Caravan
- Lofting, Hugh
- Book condition
- Used - Good
- Jacket condition
- No Jacket
- Frederick A. Stokes Company
- Date published
- Bookseller catalogs
- Fiction; Animals; Fantasy;
Terms of Sale
30 day return guarantee, with full refund including original shipping costs for up to 30 days after delivery if an item arrives misdescribed or damaged. For discretionary returns the price of the book will be refunded but not the shipping costs.
About the Seller
Biblio.com member since: 2020
Chagrin Falls, Ohio
Ask Seller a Question
About SmarterRat Books
We are a small bookseller selling online since 2001. SmarterRat Books prides itself on accurate and complete descriptions of each book. We provide prompt and courteous customer service and quick shipping. We are book people.
Some terminology that may be used in this description includes:
- The collective of the top, fore and bottom edges of the text block of the book, being that part of the edges of the pages of a...[more]
- Damage done to a book cover or dust jacket caused by exposure to direct sunlight. Very strong fluorescent light can cause...[more]
- title page
- A page at the front of a book which may contain the title of the book, any subtitles, the authors, contributors, editors, the...[more]
- The outer portion of a book which covers the actual binding. The spine usually faces outward when a book is placed on a shelf....[more]
- A defect in which small pieces are missing from the edges; fraying or small pieces of paper missing the edge of a paperback, or...[more]
- First Edition
- In book collecting, the first edition is the earliest published form of a book. A book may have more than one first edition in...[more]
- The page bound on the left side of a book, opposite to the recto page.
- The portion of the book closest to the spine that allows the book to be opened and closed.
- Sometimes used as another term for dust jacket, a protective and often decorative wrapper, usually made of paper which wraps...[more]