Dogs Bark, but the Caravan Rolls On: Observations Then and Now (Signed First Edition)
by Conroy, Frank
More Shipping Options
Ask Seller a Question
Payment Methods Accepted
About This Item
For thirty years, Frank Conroy's commentaries on life, music, and writing have appeared regularly in the New York Times Magazine, Harper's Magazine, Esquire, and GQ. DOGS BARK, BUT THE CARAVAN ROLLS ON collects these pieces into an autobiography in journalistic snapshots. They evoke Conroy's southern childhood, his teen years in New York as a truant hanging out at pool halls and Harlem jazz clubs, his first glimmers of the power of language and the writing life in college, his romantic life, and his experiences as a teacher and as director of the Iowa Writers' Workshop. Here, too, are profiles of the musicians he has come to know -- and jammed with: Keith Jarrett, Wynton Marsalis, Peter Serkin, even the Rolling Stones. New essays fill out the collection from Conroy's wry retrospective viewpoint. DOGS BARK, BUT THE CARAVAN ROLLS ON is imbued with the honesty, humor, and insight that made his memoir STOP-TIME a classic.
Review this book and you'll be entered for a chance to win $50!
(Log-in or create an account first!)
- Royal Books, Inc. (US)
- Bookseller Inventory #
- Dogs Bark, but the Caravan Rolls On: Observations Then and Now (Signed First Edition)
- Conroy, Frank
- Book condition
- Quantity available
- First Edition
- Trade Cloth
- ISBN 10
- ISBN 13
- Houghton, Mifflin
- Place of Publication
- New York
- Date published
- Nonfiction | Media and Journalism | Memoir | Autograph Material
- Bookseller catalogs
- Media and Journalism; Memoir; Nonfiction;
Terms of Sale
Royal Books, Inc.
About the Seller
About Royal Books, Inc.
We are an open shop on Baltimore's Book Block in the midtown section of the city. Check our website for directions if you are coming through the Baltimore area. We are open 10AM-6PM EST, Monday through Friday, and Saturdays by appointment or chance. You may phone, fax, or email an order at any time, 24 hours a day.
If you would like to see an image of any book, please let us know and we will be happy to send a photo.
Some terminology that may be used in this description includes:
- Sometimes used as another term for dust jacket, a protective and often decorative wrapper, usually made of paper which wraps...[more]
- A book in fine condition exhibits no flaws. A fine condition book closely approaches As New condition, but may lack the...[more]
- First Edition
- In book collecting, the first edition is the earliest published form of a book. A book may have more than one first edition in...[more]
- title page
- A page at the front of a book which may contain the title of the book, any subtitles, the authors, contributors, editors, the...[more]