Don Juan By Lord Byron with 93 Illustrations & Decorations By John Austen
by Byron, Lord
- very good
- Very Good/Poor
Payment Methods Accepted
About This Item
London: John Lane the Bodley Head Ltd., 1926. White boards, gilt title on front and spine, illustration of couple in light/dark brown on front, top edge gilt, 408 numbered, deckled pages. Black and white illustrations throughout. Boards darkened around edges and on spine, lightly bumped on heel of spine. Previous owner's inscription in ink on ffep ("Peter Haworth Christmas 1927"), pages darkened, occasional thumbing else pages clean and binding tight. Overall, very good. DJ ragged along edges, torn, pieces missing from ends of spine - overall, poor. Protected in mylar. Note: heavy book.. First Thus. Hard Cover. Very Good/Poor. Illus. by Austen, John. 4to - over 9¾" - 12" tall.
Review this book and you’ll be entered for a chance to win !
(Log-in or Create an Account first!)
- Lindenlea Books (CA)
- Bookseller’s Inventory #
- Don Juan By Lord Byron with 93 Illustrations & Decorations By John Austen
- Byron, Lord
- Austen, John
- Book condition
- Used - Very Good
- Jacket condition
- First Thus
- John Lane the Bodley Head Ltd.
- Place of Publication
- Date Published
- John Austen, The Romantic Poets, Lord Byron, George Gordon, George Gordon Noel, 6th Baron Byron
- Bookseller catalogs
- Poetry; English Romantic Poets;
- 4to - over 9¾" - 12" tall
Terms of Sale
We guarantee the condition of every book as it is described. If you are not satisfied with your purchase or if the order hasn't arrived, you are eligible for a refund within 30 days of the estimated delivery date.
About the Seller
Biblio.com member since 2019
Ask Seller a Question
About Lindenlea Books
We are located in Ottawa (Ontario, Canada), and started selling books online in 2009. We offer a wide range of topics, with a focus on signed modern Canadian first editions. Please feel free to contact us by email if you have a question regarding any of our books.
Some terminology that may be used in this description includes:
- top edge gilt
- Top edge gilt refers to the practice of applying gold or a gold-like finish to the top of the text block (the edges the... [More]
- The decorative application of gold or gold coloring to a portion of a book on the spine, edges of the text block, or an inlay in... [More]
- The outer portion of a book which covers the actual binding. The spine usually faces outward when a book is placed on a shelf.... [More]
- The collective of the top, fore and bottom edges of the text block of the book, being that part of the edges of the pages of a... [More]
- A book with significant wear and faults. A poor condition book is still a reading copy with the full text still readable. Any... [More]
- Used to mean that the binding of a book has not been overly loosened by frequent use.
- A common abbreviation for Front Free EndPaper. Generally, it is the first page of a book and is part of a single sheet that... [More]
- The lower most portion of the spine when the book is standing vertically.