Payment Methods Accepted
About This Item
Garden City: Nelson Doubleday, 1976. First. hardcover. Very Good/Very Good. Frank Frazetta. First edition. Very good book in like jacket. Dust jacket has a small chip at the bottom of the spine; spine is age darkened; now in new removable protective cover. Yellow boards with teal printing on spine; spine is bumped. Pages clean, unmarked. Nelson Doubleday (imprint of Science Fiction Book Club) hardcover with dust jacket, first edition, first printing July 1976 (code G24). SFBC #2770, 244 pages. Cover art by Boris Vallejo. 8vo (5.75" x 8.5") This hardcover preceded the Ballantine paperback by 3 months. Winner, 1977 August Derleth Fantasy Award; nominated, 1977 World Fantasy Award; 18th place, 1977 Locus Poll Award, Best SF Novel. A shorter form of the story was previously published as the short story, ""St. Dragon and the George"" in the September 1957 issue of The Magazine of Fantasy and Science Fiction. The novel was loosely adapted into the 1982 animated movie The Flight of Dragons by Rankin/Bass. First in series, followed by The Dragon Knight, The Dragon on the Border, and many more.
Review this book and you'll be entered for a chance to win $50!
(Log-in or create an account first!)
- Bujoldfan (US)
- Seller Inventory #
- The Dragon and the George
- Gordon R. Dickson
- Frank Frazetta
- Book condition
- Used - Very Good
- Jacket condition
- Very Good
- Quantity available
- Nelson Doubleday
- Place of Publication
- Garden City
- Date published
- Bookseller catalogs
- Science Fiction / Fantasy; First editions;
Terms of Sale
30 day return guarantee, with full refund including original shipping costs for up to 30 days after delivery if an item arrives misdescribed or damaged.
About the Seller
Biblio.com member since: 2017
Ask Seller a Question
All books ship in boxes, and are packed with care. I will happily supply images of any item in advance of purchase, please ask.
Some terminology that may be used in this description includes:
- The outer portion of a book which covers the actual binding. The spine usually faces outward when a book is placed on a shelf....[more]
- First Edition
- In book collecting, the first edition is the earliest published form of a book. A book may have more than one first edition in...[more]
- A new book is a book previously not circulated to a buyer. Although a new book is typically free of any faults or defects,...[more]
- Sometimes used as another term for dust jacket, a protective and often decorative wrapper, usually made of paper which wraps...[more]