by Hagedorn, Jessica
- Book fine, Dust jacket fine.
- ISBN 10
- ISBN 13
More Shipping Options
Ask Seller a Question
Payment Methods Accepted
About This Item
Jessica Hagedorn has received wide critical acclaim for her edgy, high-energy novels chronicling the clash and embrace of American and Filipino cultures. With Dream Jungle , she achieves a new level of narrative daring. Set in a Philippines of desperate beauty and rank corruption, Dream Jungle feverishly traces the consequences of two seemingly unrelated events: the discovery of an alleged ?lost tribe? and the arrival of a celebrity-studded American film crew filming an epic Vietnam War movie. Caught in the turmoil unleashed by these two incidents are four unforgettable characters?a wealthy, iconoclastic playboy, a woman ensnared in the sex industry, a Filipino-American writer, and a jaded actor?who find themselves drawn irrevocably together in this lavish, sensual portrait of a nation in crisis.
Review this book and you'll be entered for a chance to win $50!
(Log-in or create an account first!)
- James & Mary Laurie Booksellers (A.B.A.A.) (US)
- Bookseller Inventory #
- Dream Jungle
- Hagedorn, Jessica
- Book condition
- Used - Book fine, Dust jacket fine.
- Quantity available
- ISBN 10
- ISBN 13
- Viking Press
- Place of Publication
- [New York]
- Date published
Terms of Sale
James & Mary Laurie Booksellers (A.B.A.A.)
We describe our items carefully and conservatively. Anything may be returned for any reason for a full refund provided that the return is intiated within 5 days of receipt.
About the Seller
About James & Mary Laurie Booksellers (A.B.A.A.)
Some terminology that may be used in this description includes:
- Sometimes used as another term for dust jacket, a protective and often decorative wrapper, usually made of paper which wraps...[more]
- The decorative application of gold or gold coloring to a portion of a book on the spine, edges of the text block, or an inlay in...[more]
- The outer portion of a book which covers the actual binding. The spine usually faces outward when a book is placed on a shelf....[more]
- A book in fine condition exhibits no flaws. A fine condition book closely approaches As New condition, but may lack the...[more]