The Eagle and the Roots
by Louis Adamic
- very good
- Very Good/Good+
Payment Methods Accepted
About This Item
Garden City: Doubleday & Co, 1952. First edition. hardcover. Very Good/Good+. Hardcover. Very Good in Good+ jacket in protective mylar. Light wear to bottom board edges and corners; page edges browned; pages browning; top edge of pages marked in red ink as remainder mark; spot of soiling to fore edge of pages; some soiling to bottom corner edge of pages; sticker pasted to back of front endpaper. Jacket with some wear to edges and corners; some rubbing/wear to panels; sunning to spine, red lettering of "Eagle" and "Roots" almost completely faded; some rubbing/darkening to panels; wear to spine edges; some chipping to corners; some chipping/creasing/small closed tears to head and foot of spine panel; some soiling to panels; back cover with 1" closed tear to top edge near fore edge corner.
Review this book and you’ll be entered for a chance to win !
(Log-in or Create an Account first!)
- Horizon Books (US)
- Bookseller’s Inventory #
- The Eagle and the Roots
- Louis Adamic
- Book condition
- Used - Very Good
- Jacket condition
- Quantity available
- First edition
- Doubleday & Co
- Place of Publication
- Garden City
- Date Published
Terms of Sale
30 day return guarantee, with full refund including original shipping costs for up to 30 days after delivery if an item arrives misdescribed or damaged.
About the Seller
Biblio.com member since 2017
Ask Seller a Question
About Horizon Books
Horizon Fine Used Books is located on Capitol Hill in Seattle, WA. Serving book lovers for more than 47 years, Horizon is Seattle's longest running independent used book store.
Some terminology that may be used in this description includes:
- The collective of the top, fore and bottom edges of the text block of the book, being that part of the edges of the pages of a... [More]
- A term used to denote a condition a slight grade better than Good.
- First Edition
- In book collecting, the first edition is the earliest published form of a book. A book may have more than one first edition in... [More]
- fore edge
- The portion of a book that is opposite the spine. That part of a book which faces the wall when shelved in a... [More]
- A defect in which small pieces are missing from the edges; fraying or small pieces of paper missing the edge of a paperback, or... [More]
- The outer portion of a book which covers the actual binding. The spine usually faces outward when a book is placed on a shelf.... [More]
- Book(s) which are sold at a very deep discount to alleviate publisher overstock. Often, though not always, they have a remainder... [More]
- Sometimes used as another term for dust jacket, a protective and often decorative wrapper, usually made of paper which wraps... [More]