Payment Methods Accepted
About This Item
Young Japanese seaman Hiro Tanaka, inspired by dreams of the City of Brotherly Love and trained in the ways of the samurai, jumps ship off the coast of Georgia and swims into a net of rabid rednecks, genteel ladies, descendants of slaves, and the denizens of an artists' colony. In the hands of T. Coraghessan Boyle , praised by Digby Diehl in Playboy as "one of the most exciting young fiction writers in America," the result is a sexy, hilarious tragicomedy of thwarted expectations and mistaken identity, love, jealousy, and betrayal.
Review this book and you'll be entered for a chance to win $50!
(Log-in or create an account first!)
- The Bookshelf (US)
- Bookseller Inventory #
- East Is East
- T. C. Boyle
- Book condition
- New Like New
- Quantity available
- ISBN 10
- ISBN 13
- The Viking Press
- Place of Publication
- New York
- Date published
Terms of Sale
Please return the item in the packaging received or equivalent packaging.
Please report any shipping damage or concerns with condition or content within seven days.
For greater detail on how problems are handled, see "Return Instructions."
Thank you for your interest.
About the Seller
About The Bookshelf
Some terminology that may be used in this description includes:
- First Edition
- In book collecting, the first edition is the earliest published form of a book. A book may have more than one first edition in...[more]
- Used to mean that the binding of a book has not been overly loosened by frequent use.
- A new book is a book previously not circulated to a buyer. Although a new book is typically free of any faults or defects,...[more]
- The outer portion of a book which covers the actual binding. The spine usually faces outward when a book is placed on a shelf....[more]
- The collective of the top, fore and bottom edges of the text block of the book, being that part of the edges of the pages of a...[more]
- Sometimes used as another term for dust jacket, a protective and often decorative wrapper, usually made of paper which wraps...[more]