Egyptian Mummies (With Much Laid In Materials)
by G. Elliot Smith (Grafton Elliot Smith), Warren R. Dawson (Warren Royal Dawson)
- very good
Standard Delivery: 7 to 14 days
More Shipping Options
Ask Seller a Question
Payment Methods Accepted
About This Item
London: George Allen & Unwin, Ltd, 1924. Dr. Reginald S. Millar's copy, with annotations and much laid in materials, including a 6-page letter to Millar from A. Osborne on British Museum Letterhead, dated Feb. 27/36. Dust jacket reinforced, and shows very well with tipped plate to front panel. Book shows light wear, aging to edges. Gold gilt stamping to front board and spine very bright without loss. Binding tight, Spine rounded, fore edge perfectly curved. Picture of Sir Grafton Elliot Smith tipped to front board pastedown. Dr. Millar's penciled name and address on flyleaf, with penciled notes in his hand. Six-page letter (A.L.S.), laid in from Osbourne on British Museum Letterhead, with three pages of handwritten notes, and a double sided typed page of notes on Millar's letterhead. Also, six articles (8 pgs. from "The Listener : Ancient Civilizations", [Parts I & II], "Salt versus Evil" by Prof. A. J. E. Cave, "Incidence of Dental Diseases in Ancient Egypt" by Douglas E. Derry [Prof. of Anatomy, Egyptian University, Cairo], "Sections of a Mummy : The history of Har-Mose", etc).. First Edition, First Printing. Hard Cover/Cloth, Buckram, Sewn Binding. Very Good/Very Good. Illus. by Numerous Woodcuts by A. Horace Gerrard and K. Leigh-Pemberton and Other Illustrations.. 4to - over 9¾" - 12" tall. Heavy, Oversized Safely, and Securely Packed.
Review this book and you'll be entered for a chance to win $50!
(Log-in or create an account first!)
- GatesPastBooks (US)
- Bookseller Inventory #
- Egyptian Mummies (With Much Laid In Materials)
- G. Elliot Smith (Grafton Elliot Smith), Warren R. Dawson (Warren Royal Dawson)
- Numerous Woodcuts by A. Horace Gerrard and K. Leigh-Pemberton and Other Illustrations.
- Book condition
- Used - Very Good
- Jacket condition
- Very Good
- Quantity available
- First Edition, First Printing
- ISBN 10
- ISBN 13
- George Allen & Unwin, Ltd
- Place of Publication
- Date published
- Mummy, Embalming, Occult, Ancient History, Literature, Egyptology, Philosophy, Science, Religion, Mysticism, Magic, Spirituality, Eastern Religion, Eastern Thought, Occultism, Religious Psychology, Religious Philosophy, Comparative Religion
- 4to - over 9¾" - 12" tall
Terms of Sale
All items ready to ship within 24 hours, safely, securely packed. 1-3 Day Priority/Express Domestic and Expedited International USPS available for all books. FedEx/UPS upon request. Contact directly if your preferred shipping option is not shown. Please note: heavy and/or oversized Items may require extra shipping charges.
Most books have images, email for further description or additional images if needed. All sales returnable if not as described.
Direct payments - https://paypal.me/GatesPastBooks
Communications - firstname.lastname@example.org ~ http://www.gatespastbooks.com
About the Seller
Some terminology that may be used in this description includes:
- The outer portion of a book which covers the actual binding. The spine usually faces outward when a book is placed on a shelf....[more]
- Full page illustration or photograph. Plates are printed separately from the text of the book, and bound in at production. I.e.,...[more]
- fore edge
- The portion of a book that is opposite the spine. That part of a book which faces the wall when shelved in a...[more]
- The collective of the top, fore and bottom edges of the text block of the book, being that part of the edges of the pages of a...[more]
- Used to mean that the binding of a book has not been overly loosened by frequent use.
- Sometimes used as another term for dust jacket, a protective and often decorative wrapper, usually made of paper which wraps...[more]
- A plain weave fabric normally made from cotton or linen which is stiffened with starch or other chemicals to cover the book...[more]
- The decorative application of gold or gold coloring to a portion of a book on the spine, edges of the text block, or an inlay in...[more]
- First Edition
- In book collecting, the first edition is the earliest published form of a book. A book may have more than one first edition in...[more]