Elia: Essays Which Have Appeared Under That Signature in the London Magazine
by Lamb, Charles
- very good
- Very Good
New York, New York
Standard Delivery: 7 to 14 days
More Shipping Options
Ask Seller a Question
Payment Methods Accepted
About This Item
Review this book and you'll be entered for a chance to win $50!
(Log-in or create an account first!)
- B & B Rare Books, Ltd., ABAA (US)
- Bookseller Inventory #
- Elia: Essays Which Have Appeared Under That Signature in the London Magazine
- Lamb, Charles
- Book condition
- Used - Very Good
- 1st Edition.
- London: Printed for Taylor and Hessey
- Date published
- Bookseller catalogs
- British Literature; 19th Century Literature; Fine Bindings; Victorian Literature;
Terms of Sale
B & B Rare Books, Ltd., ABAA
~ All items are guaranteed as described. We recommend requesting pictures prior to purchasing. ~ Any items may be returned within seven days of receipt and in the same condition as originally sent. ~ We ship with FedEx, UPS and USPS. Please let us know if you prefer another shipping. ~ New York State are required to add 8.875% sales tax.
About the Seller
About B & B Rare Books, Ltd., ABAA
Some terminology that may be used in this description includes:
- Morocco is a style of leather book binding that is usually made with goatskin, as it is durable and easy to dye. (see also...[more]
- The portion of the book closest to the spine that allows the book to be opened and closed.
- Abrasion or wear to the surface. Usually used in reference to a book's boards or dust-jacket.
- First Edition
- In book collecting, the first edition is the earliest published form of a book. A book may have more than one first edition in...[more]
- The collective of the top, fore and bottom edges of the text block of the book, being that part of the edges of the pages of a...[more]
- The decorative application of gold or gold coloring to a portion of a book on the spine, edges of the text block, or an inlay in...[more]
- raised band(s)
- Raised bands refer to the ridges that protrude slightly from the spine on leather bound books. The bands are created...[more]
- The outer portion of a book which covers the actual binding. The spine usually faces outward when a book is placed on a shelf....[more]