ENCYCLOPEDIA OF AMERICAN BIOGRAPHY. History The United States of America. Illustrated. Leather set. Appleton's Cyclopaedia. Complete in 7 volumes
by [ENCYCLOPEDIA.] [Fiske, John; Wilson, James Grant (Editors.)]
- See description
Ask Seller a Question
Payment Methods Accepted
About This Item
New York: Appleton & Company, 1888. Appleton's Cyclopaedia of American Biography. Complete in 6 volumes, with an index in volume 6. Volume 7 contains additions from ABB - YOU. 7 volumes in all. Bound in calf leather. Gilded spines. Raised hubs. Marbled edges and end papers. 10.25 inches tall. 15.5 inches of shelf space. Heavily illustrated with engraved plates, protected in tissue. Columned text. VERY GOOD condition. Some general external abrasion, shelf wear. The hinges are 100% fully attached. Internally very fresh and clean. No writing, just some general rubs/abrasion. This is an important piece of Americana and research set. Bound in gilded calf leather bindings. This is a gorgeous collection and displays beautifully. This set would make an excellent gift and/or addition to any fine library. In addition to their shelf presence, antiquarian books make an excellent investment. We always pack very securely to help ensure safe handling during transit. All books are individually wrapped and are always professionally padded. We offer a full refund guarantee, per our terms described on our site, with notification of such intent requested. Please contact us with any inquiries.
Review this book and you'll be entered for a chance to win $50!
(Log-in or create an account first!)
- Merchants Rare Books (US)
- Bookseller Inventory #
- ENCYCLOPEDIA OF AMERICAN BIOGRAPHY. History The United States of America. Illustrated. Leather set. Appleton's Cyclopaedia. Complete in 7 volumes
- [ENCYCLOPEDIA.] [Fiske, John; Wilson, James Grant (Editors.)]
- Book condition
- Quantity available
- Appleton & Company
- Place of Publication
- New York
- Date published
Terms of Sale
Merchants Rare Books
30 day return guarantee, with full refund including original shipping costs for up to 30 days after delivery if an item arrives misdescribed or damaged.
About the Seller
Biblio.com member since: 2020
Ask Seller a Question
About Merchants Rare Books
Merchants Rare Books, established in 2003, buys and sells rare and antiquarian books, with an emphasis on first editions and fine antiquarian sets from the 17th - 19th centuries.
Some terminology that may be used in this description includes:
- Calf or calf hide is a common form of leather binding. Calf binding is naturally a light brown but there are ways to treat...[more]
- shelf wear
- Shelf wear (shelfwear) describes damage caused over time to a book by placing and removing a book from a shelf. This damage is...[more]
- The collective of the top, fore and bottom edges of the text block of the book, being that part of the edges of the pages of a...[more]
- A book in fine condition exhibits no flaws. A fine condition book closely approaches As New condition, but may lack the...[more]