ENCYCLOPEDIA BRITANNICA. Americanized Edition. Leather Set. Illustrated. Complete in 15 volumes
by [ENCYCLOPEDIA.] [De Puy, William (Editor); A Corps of Eminent Writers.]
- See description
Ask Seller a Question
Payment Methods Accepted
About This Item
Chicago: The Riverside Publishing Company, 1899. New Americanized Encyclopaedia Britannica. Latest edition, revised to date (1899). Fully illustrated with over 100 colored maps. Introduction calls this the 'Perfected Edition'. Bound in leather bindings. Gilded spines. The top edges are gilded. Marbled end papers. Fully illustrated. Columned text. Also includes in text illustrations. These are large books measuring 9 3/8 inches tall. 27 inches of shelf space. In VERY GOOD condition. Some general shelf wear. No writing. Near free of any trace of foxing. A chip on volume two. The hinges are fully attached. This is an exceptional set. The Encyclopedia Britannica was originally being published in London through the Eleventh Edition of 1910 - 1911. This is therefore the Americanized Encyclopedia, and is the 'Perfected Edition' designed for Americans, at a time when the Encyclopedia was being issued in London. This set would make an excellent gift and/or addition to any fine library. In addition to their shelf presence, antiquarian books make an excellent investment. We always pack very securely to help ensure safe handling during transit. All books are individually wrapped and are always professionally padded. We offer a full refund guarantee, per our terms described on our site, with notification of such intent requested. Please contact us with any inquiries.
Review this book and you'll be entered for a chance to win $50!
(Log-in or create an account first!)
- Merchants Rare Books (US)
- Bookseller Inventory #
- ENCYCLOPEDIA BRITANNICA. Americanized Edition. Leather Set. Illustrated. Complete in 15 volumes
- [ENCYCLOPEDIA.] [De Puy, William (Editor); A Corps of Eminent Writers.]
- Book condition
- Quantity available
- The Riverside Publishing Company
- Place of Publication
- Date published
Terms of Sale
Merchants Rare Books
30 day return guarantee, with full refund including original shipping costs for up to 30 days after delivery if an item arrives misdescribed or damaged.
About the Seller
Biblio.com member since: 2020
Ask Seller a Question
About Merchants Rare Books
Merchants Rare Books, established in 2003, buys and sells rare and antiquarian books, with an emphasis on first editions and fine antiquarian sets from the 17th - 19th centuries.
Some terminology that may be used in this description includes:
- The collective of the top, fore and bottom edges of the text block of the book, being that part of the edges of the pages of a...[more]
- A book in fine condition exhibits no flaws. A fine condition book closely approaches As New condition, but may lack the...[more]
- shelf wear
- Shelf wear (shelfwear) describes damage caused over time to a book by placing and removing a book from a shelf. This damage is...[more]
- A new book is a book previously not circulated to a buyer. Although a new book is typically free of any faults or defects,...[more]