Payment Methods Accepted
About This Item
Three volumes. Macmillan and Co. London. 1930, 1931, 1935. Octavo. xii, 428pp, Frontis., 7 further plates; xiii, 333pp, Frontis., 6 further plates; vii, 241pp, Photo Frontis. Original blue cloth, spine labels (browned), faded and sunned to spines, covers mottled/marked. Scuff to Vol. II rear board. Tissue guards. "From the author" tipped in to Volume I, inscribed "To Jermyn Moorsom from his friend F. S. Oliver" to ffep Volume II.
Frederick Scott Oliver (1864-1934) Political writer, businessman
Jermyn Moorsom (1881-1951) Son of James Marshall Moorsom. Haileybury, Eton. One of Darling's Kingsmen at Cambridge, one of Josie Low's "Quartet", friend of EM Forster etc. m. Pamela Milbourne-Swinnerton-Pilkington (1926). Became a sheep farmer at Hyndlee, Hawick, and later moved to Durrus, near Cork. Died March 1951, Durrus Court, Bantry, having changed his surname to 'Moorson'.
"This is a book about politics. Its subject is the endless adventure of governing men. Its object is to show how politicians of various sorts contrived to carry on governments, and to thwart, discredit and destroy governments…"
Review this book and you'll be entered for a chance to win $50!
(Log-in or create an account first!)
- Paul Haynes Rare Books (GB)
- Bookseller Inventory #
- The Endless Adventure.
- Oliver, F.S
- Book condition
- Quantity available
- Macmillan and Co
- Place of Publication
- Date published
- Politics, History, Eighteenth Century, Walpole, Signed, Presentation Copy
- Bookseller catalogs
- History; Military History; Provenance, Bookplates and Associations; Politics;
Terms of Sale
Paul Haynes Rare Books
We hope to describe items accurately, and any purchase may be returned if it does not correspond with the description, on condition that postal arrangements for return are confirmed as soon as possible with us in advance of return.
30 day return guarantee, with full refund including original shipping costs for up to 30 days after delivery if an item arrives misdescribed or damaged. All items are fully insured during transit, a signature will be required on delivery. Heavier items and multi volume sets may incur a commensurate increase in the postage cost. Post Brexit postage costs have suddenly increased, and may be subject to change. We will endeavour to find the most cost efficient means of postage for our customers. If we can find a lower price for postage we will adjust the charge accordingly. Regrettably, European customers may find that there are currently long delays in delivery due to the Brexit chaos.
About the Seller
About Paul Haynes Rare Books
Some terminology that may be used in this description includes:
- Damage done to a book cover or dust jacket caused by exposure to direct sunlight. Very strong fluorescent light can cause...[more]
- tipped in
- Tipped In is used to describe something which has been glued into a book. Tipped-in items can include photos, book plates,...[more]
- A common abbreviation for Front Free EndPaper. Generally, it is the first page of a book and is part of a single sheet that...[more]
- When a book is described as being inscribed, it indicates that a short note written by the author or a previous owner has...[more]
- The outer portion of a book which covers the actual binding. The spine usually faces outward when a book is placed on a shelf....[more]
- Another of the terms referring to page or book size, octavo refers to a standard printer's sheet folded four times, producing...[more]
- "Cloth-bound" generally refers to a hardcover book with cloth covering the outside of the book covers. The cloth is stretched...[more]
This Book’s Categories
- Autographs & Signed Books Signed Books
- Politics, Government and Law Politics
- Politics, Government and Law Political Science
- Hobbies & Crafts Collecting Book Collecting
- Antiquarian & Rare Collectible Books
- Biography & Essays Biography & Memoirs
- Military & Military History Military Collectibles