England's Constable: The Life and Letters of John Constable
by DARRACOTT, Joseph
- near fine
- Near Fine
Payment Methods Accepted
About This Item
London: The Folio Society. Near Fine. 1985. Hardcover. This slim volume provides a look at the great English landscape and portrait painter John Constable (1776-1837). With numerous color and b&w plates bearing images of Constable's (and others) works. --- In full beige cloth-covered boards with sepia image pasted to cover; titling in gilt on brown spine block. Slipcase is covered with a wrap-around landscape scene from one of Constable's paintings. --- A very handsome copy; without damages to interior or covers. Structurally sound slipcase with rubbing at extremities.; Tall Octavo - 9 to 10 in. tall; 144 pages .
Review this book and you’ll be entered for a chance to win !
(Log-in or Create an Account first!)
- Bluebird Books (US)
- Bookseller’s Inventory #
- England's Constable: The Life and Letters of John Constable
- DARRACOTT, Joseph
- Book condition
- Used - Near Fine
- The Folio Society
- Place of Publication
- Date Published
- Bookseller catalogs
- >>Biography, Autobiography, Memoir; >>England, UK and UK History;
Terms of Sale
All sales sold on a satisfaction guaranteed basis--all we ask is that you notify us within 30 days of purchase that you would like to return an item.
About the Seller
Biblio.com member since 2005
Ask Seller a Question
About Bluebird Books
Bluebird Books is the bookselling business of Eric Mayer, operating from my base in Littleton, Colorado. I specialize in classic fiction and literature, books on birds and natural history, railroadiana, biography, history and many other genres. Bluebird Books features publications by the Modern Library and Everyman's Library. I offer free shipping on books shipped within the US via USPS Media Mail. INTERNATIONAL ORDERS: I recommend that you use Biblio.com for your international orders because they have formed a partnership with Asendia to allow for much more affordable shipping on parcels weighing under 5 lb. (about 2.26 kg).
Some terminology that may be used in this description includes:
- The decorative application of gold or gold coloring to a portion of a book on the spine, edges of the text block, or an inlay in... [More]
- A folio usually indicates a large book size of 15" in height or larger when used in the context of a book description.... [More]
- Another of the terms referring to page or book size, octavo refers to a standard printer's sheet folded four times, producing... [More]
- A book in fine condition exhibits no flaws. A fine condition book closely approaches As New condition, but may lack the... [More]
- Abrasion or wear to the surface. Usually used in reference to a book's boards or dust-jacket.
- The outer portion of a book which covers the actual binding. The spine usually faces outward when a book is placed on a shelf.... [More]