The English Review, June 1914 (First publication of "The Stratagem" by Aleister Crowley, and "Vin Ordinaire" by D.H. Lawrence)
by Austin Harrison (Editor), Aleister Crowley, D.H. Lawrence, Edward Thomas, Norman Douglas, Bernhard Sickert, Francis Edward Ledwidge, A. E. Lloyd Maunsell, F.G. Layton, et al
- Very Good+
NY, New York
Standard Delivery: 7 to 14 days
More Shipping Options
Ask Seller a Question
Payment Methods Accepted
About This Item
London, 1914. See scan for Contents. Some wear, aging to wraps. Light chipping to tail of spine, but sewn binding still tight, and very readable. Includes (in full), the First appearence of "The Stratagem" by Crowley, and "Vin Ordinaire" by Lawrence, later published as "The Thorn in the Flesh".. First Edition, First Printing. Paper Wraps, Sewn Binding. Very Good+. 8vo - over 7¾" - 9¾" tall.
Review this book and you'll be entered for a chance to win $50!
(Log-in or create an account first!)
- GatesPastBooks (US)
- Bookseller Inventory #
- The English Review, June 1914 (First publication of "The Stratagem" by Aleister Crowley, and "Vin Ordinaire" by D.H. Lawrence)
- Austin Harrison (Editor), Aleister Crowley, D.H. Lawrence, Edward Thomas, Norman Douglas, Bernhard Sickert, Francis Edward Ledwidge, A. E. Lloyd Maunsell, F.G. Layton, et al
- Book condition
- Used - Very Good+
- Quantity available
- First Edition, First Printing
- Place of Publication
- Date published
- Poetry, Fiction, Non-Fiction, Classics, Politics, Literary, Journal, Magazine, Austin Harris, Ford Madox Hueffer, Ernest Remnant, Douglas Jerrold, Wilfrid Hindle, Derek Walker-Smith
Terms of Sale
All items ready to ship within 24 hours, safely, securely packed. 1-3 Day Priority/Express Domestic and Expedited International USPS available for all books. FedEx/UPS upon request. Contact directly if your preferred shipping option is not shown. Please note: heavy and/or oversized Items may require extra shipping charges.
Most books have images, email for further description or additional images if needed. All sales returnable if not as described.
Direct payments - https://paypal.me/GatesPastBooks
Communications - email@example.com ~ http://www.gatespastbooks.com
About the Seller
Some terminology that may be used in this description includes:
- A defect in which small pieces are missing from the edges; fraying or small pieces of paper missing the edge of a paperback, or...[more]
- The outer portion of a book which covers the actual binding. The spine usually faces outward when a book is placed on a shelf....[more]
- A term used to denote a condition a slight grade better than Good.
- Used to mean that the binding of a book has not been overly loosened by frequent use.
- First Edition
- In book collecting, the first edition is the earliest published form of a book. A book may have more than one first edition in...[more]
- The heel of the spine.