Escape On Venus
by Burroughs, Edgar Rice
Harrisburg, Pennsylvania, United States
Payment Methods Accepted
About This Item
Stated First edition Burroughs hardcover, copyright 1946, as shown in scans. Published by Tarzana. Illustrated by John Coleman Burroughs. Dedicated to Brigadier General Kendall J. Fielder. Frontispiece and 4 other illustrations plus all pages without writing or marks. Good binding. Pebbled blue front board has rubbing and wear. Back inside cover has light foxing. Second interior page has a label remnant from original owner. Not ex- library. Please see scans.
Edgar Rice Burroughs was born in Chicago, Illinois in 1875. After serving a short time in the 7th U.S. Cavalry, Burroughs was a shopkeeper, gold miner, cowboy, and policeman before becoming a full-time writer. His first novel, Tarzan of the Apes , was published in 1914, and along with its 22 sequels has sold over 30 million copies in 58 languages. Author of numerous other jungle and science fiction novels and novellas, including The Land That Time Forgot , Burroughs had a writing career that spanned almost 30 years, with his last novel, The Land of Terror , being published in 1941. He died in 1950 at his ranch near Tarzana, the California town named for his legendary hero.
(Log in or Create an Account first!)
- Marianne Matthews (US)
- Bookseller's Inventory #
- Escape On Venus
- Burroughs, Edgar Rice
- John Coleman Burroughs
- Book Condition
- Used - Good-
- Quantity Available
- Stated First Edition 1946
- Place of Publication
- Date Published
- Escape on Venus; Edgar Rice Burroughs
- Bookseller catalogs
- Collectibles and Antiques; Science Fiction and Tarzan; Adventure thriller; Fiction and Literature;
Terms of Sale
About the Seller
About Marianne Matthews
Some terminology that may be used in this description includes:
- Abrasion or wear to the surface. Usually used in reference to a book's boards or dust-jacket.
- First Edition
- In book collecting, the first edition is the earliest published form of a book. A book may have more than one first edition in...
- Pebbled cloth or leather describes the covering of a hardcover book with a decorative texture of repeated small raised bumps,...