Payment Methods Accepted
About This Item
An Essay Concerning Human Understanding is one of John Locke's two most famous works, the other being his Second Treatise on Civil Government. First appearing in 1690, the essay concerns the foundation of human knowledge and understanding. He describes the mind at birth as a blank slate (tabula rasa, although he did not use those actual words) filled later through experience.
Review this book and you'll be entered for a chance to win $50!
(Log-in or create an account first!)
- SequiturBooks (US)
- Bookseller Inventory #
- An Essay Concerning Human Understanding (Complete in 3 Volumes)
- John Locke
- Leather Bound
- Book condition
- Used - Very Good
- Quantity available
- Brattleboro, Vt. Printed by William Fessenden
- Date published
Terms of Sale
Customers may return ordered books for any reason within 14 days of receipt. We will pay the return shipping costs if the return is a result of our error. Shipping fees and handling fees may be charged to the customer if the return is the result of customer error. Open box charges may be applied for new books that are opened by customers (i.e. the shrink wrap is removed or there is obvious signs of wear.)
About the Seller
Some terminology that may be used in this description includes:
- The outer portion of a book which covers the actual binding. The spine usually faces outward when a book is placed on a shelf....[more]
- The heel of the spine.
- All Edges Gilt. Describes a book in which the top, fore edge and bottom of the outside of the pages are decorated with gold...[more]
- Used to mean that the binding of a book has not been overly loosened by frequent use.
- shelf wear
- Shelf wear (shelfwear) describes damage caused over time to a book by placing and removing a book from a shelf. This damage is...[more]
- A defect in which small pieces are missing from the edges; fraying or small pieces of paper missing the edge of a paperback, or...[more]
- Abrasion or wear to the surface. Usually used in reference to a book's boards or dust-jacket.