Payment Methods Accepted
About This Item
An Essay Concerning Human Understanding is one of John Locke's two most famous works, the other being his Second Treatise on Civil Government. First appearing in 1690, the essay concerns the foundation of human knowledge and understanding. He describes the mind at birth as a blank slate (tabula rasa, although he did not use those actual words) filled later through experience.
Review this book and you'll be entered for a chance to win $50!
(Log-in or create an account first!)
- Foster Books (GB)
- Bookseller Inventory #
- An Essay Concerning Human Understanding
- Locke, John
- Diced Calf
- Book condition
- Used - Good
- Quantity available
- William Tegg & Co. 1853
- Place of Publication
- Date published
- John Locke,Human Understanding
- Bookseller catalogs
- Philosophy and Religion;
Terms of Sale
We are subsidising UPS deliveries for Domestic sales at the moment. Please select our Expedited service if you'd like to use this.
Our Standard service is currently Royal Mail 1st class, but local conditions vary wildly so please be patient with us as we are keen to continue to offer a free delivery option.
Prices are in sterling, and are subject to availability. We can accept bank transfers in Sterling, Euros, US and AUS dollars. We ship priority as standard, and pack our books well. Courier services available. We are also able to offer same day delivery within London postcodes for some orders - ask for a quote. Valuable items will be sent via registered airmail or one of the courier services. Large orders can be sent via consolidation, which reduces the cost per book. In the unlikely event of an incorrect description, a full refund will be provided, but please e-mail/telephone first, and within seven days of receipt of the book. We are happy to comply to the EU's rules on distance selling. All books are published in London and 8vo unless stated, and remain my property until paid for in full. The shop is open Monday to Saturday 10.30am to 5.30pm and most Sundays 11 to 5. If you find yourself in West London, do come along and browse.
About the Seller
About Foster Books
Some terminology that may be used in this description includes:
- The outer portion of a book which covers the actual binding. The spine usually faces outward when a book is placed on a shelf....[more]
- The decorative application of gold or gold coloring to a portion of a book on the spine, edges of the text block, or an inlay in...[more]
- The collective of the top, fore and bottom edges of the text block of the book, being that part of the edges of the pages of a...[more]
- Calf or calf hide is a common form of leather binding. Calf binding is naturally a light brown but there are ways to treat...[more]