An Essay Concerning Human Understanding; With Thoughts On The Conduct Of The Understanding ( 3 Volumes ) Collated with Desmaizeaux's Edition. to Which is Prefixed, the Life of the Author.
by Locke, John
- Poor with no dust jacket
Cooperstown, New York
Ask Seller a Question
Payment Methods Accepted
About This Item
An Essay Concerning Human Understanding is one of John Locke's two most famous works, the other being his Second Treatise on Civil Government. First appearing in 1690, the essay concerns the foundation of human knowledge and understanding. He describes the mind at birth as a blank slate (tabula rasa, although he did not use those actual words) filled later through experience.
Review this book and you'll be entered for a chance to win $50!
(Log-in or create an account first!)
- Willis Monie Books - ABAA (US)
- Bookseller Inventory #
- An Essay Concerning Human Understanding; With Thoughts On The Conduct Of The Understanding ( 3 Volumes ) Collated with Desmaizeaux's Edition. to Which is Prefixed, the Life of the Author.
- Locke, John
- Book condition
- Used - Poor with no dust jacket
- Mundell & Son
- Place of Publication
- Date published
Terms of Sale
Willis Monie Books - ABAA
All items are returnable within 14 days of receipt if not satisfied. NY residents will also be charged sales tax.
About the Seller
About Willis Monie Books - ABAA
Some terminology that may be used in this description includes:
- The collective of the top, fore and bottom edges of the text block of the book, being that part of the edges of the pages of a...[more]
- In reference to a hinge or a book's binding, means that the glue which holds the opposing leaves has allowed them to separate,...[more]
- A book with significant wear and faults. A poor condition book is still a reading copy with the full text still readable. Any...[more]
- title page
- A page at the front of a book which may contain the title of the book, any subtitles, the authors, contributors, editors, the...[more]
- Highly sought after by some collectors, a book plate is an inscribed or decorative device that identifies the owner, or former...[more]
- Sometimes used as another term for dust jacket, a protective and often decorative wrapper, usually made of paper which wraps...[more]