Exploration of the Colorado River of the West and Its Tributaries. Explored in 1869, 1870, 1871, and 1872, Under the Direction of the Secretary of the Smithsonian Institution
by Powell, J. W
- very good
- Very good
Payment Methods Accepted
About This Item
Graff 3336, Howes P528, Monk p180, Wheat 1261. Arizona 100 No. 76.
Farquhar considers this title one of the "basic documents of Colorado River history." (Farquhar, 42.a).
Review this book and you’ll be entered for a chance to win $50!
(Log in or Create an Account first!)
- Thorn Books (US)
- Bookseller's Inventory #
- Exploration of the Colorado River of the West and Its Tributaries. Explored in 1869, 1870, 1871, and 1872, Under the Direction of the Secretary of the Smithsonian Institution
- Powell, J. W
- Book condition
- Used - Very good
- First edition
- Government Printing Office
- Place of Publication
- Washington, DC
- Date Published
- Bookseller catalogs
- Rare Books;
Terms of Sale
All books returnable for any reason within seven days, providing only that they are received in the same condition as shipped. Shipments to an Arizona address must add appropriate sales tax. Libraries billed.
About the Seller
About Thorn Books
Some terminology that may be used in this description includes:
- The decorative application of gold or gold coloring to a portion of a book on the spine, edges of the text block, or an inlay in... [More]
- A new book is a book previously not circulated to a buyer. Although a new book is typically free of any faults or defects, "new"... [More]
- The page bound on the left side of a book, opposite to the recto page.
- "Cloth-bound" generally refers to a hardcover book with cloth covering the outside of the book covers. The cloth is stretched... [More]
- Highly sought after by some collectors, a book plate is an inscribed or decorative device that identifies the owner, or former... [More]
- The outer portion of a book which covers the actual binding. The spine usually faces outward when a book is placed on a shelf.... [More]
- First Edition
- In book collecting, the first edition is the earliest published form of a book. A book may have more than one first edition in... [More]