Explorations in Australia: The Journals of John McDouall Stuart during the years 1858, 1859, 1860, 1861, & 1862, When He Fixed the Centre of the Continent and Successfully Crossed it from Sea to Sea
by Hardman, William (ed.)
- Good +
Garrison, New York
Payment Methods Accepted
About This Item
London: Saunders, Otley, and Co., 1864. First edition. Hardcover. Good +. Contains the journals of 6 expeditions into the Interior of Australia. Roy. 8vo, (xxiv), 511pp, 16pp ads dated May 64. 12 pp engraved plates by G.F. Angas. Red gilt cloth, rubbed at corners, dusty at spine. Original cloth, spine chipped. Lacks portrait frontis, folding map, and illustration list p xxiii. With library stamps at title page. A good working copy, text nice and clean, as is.
Review this book and you’ll be entered for a chance to win !
(Log-in or Create an Account first!)
- Antipodean Books, Maps & Prints (US)
- Bookseller’s Inventory #
- Explorations in Australia: The Journals of John McDouall Stuart during the years 1858, 1859, 1860, 1861, & 1862, When He Fixed the Centre of the Continent and Successfully Crossed it from Sea to Sea
- Hardman, William (ed.)
- Book condition
- Used - Good +
- Quantity available
- First edition
- Saunders, Otley, and Co.
- Place of Publication
- Date Published
- Bookseller catalogs
- EXPLORATION; AUSTRALIA; PHOTOGRAPHY;
Terms of Sale
Antipodean Books, Maps & Prints
30 day return guarantee, with full refund including shipping costs for up to 10 days after delivery if an item arrives mis-described or damaged.
About the Seller
Biblio.com member since 2009
Garrison, New York
Ask Seller a Question
About Antipodean Books, Maps & Prints
Booksellers for over 40 years, members of prominent trade associations (ABAA, ILAB, ANZAAB, IMCOS, ANZMS, PBFA). We are located at Garrison NY, a stone's throw from the Metro North Hudson line train, just over 1 hr. from NYC on the banks of the Hudson River. Books, maps, prints & ephemera bought & sold.
Some terminology that may be used in this description includes:
- The outer portion of a book which covers the actual binding. The spine usually faces outward when a book is placed on a shelf.... [More]
- title page
- A page at the front of a book which may contain the title of the book, any subtitles, the authors, contributors, editors, the... [More]
- "Cloth-bound" generally refers to a hardcover book with cloth covering the outside of the book covers. The cloth is stretched... [More]
- The decorative application of gold or gold coloring to a portion of a book on the spine, edges of the text block, or an inlay in... [More]
- First Edition
- In book collecting, the first edition is the earliest published form of a book. A book may have more than one first edition in... [More]
- Good describes the average used and worn book that has all pages or leaves present. Any defects must be noted. (as defined... [More]