Extracts from Adam's Diary: translated from the original MS
by Mark Twain [Samuel Clemens]
- very good
- Very Good
Payment Methods Accepted
About This Item
A prime example of the wit of Mark Twain (Samuel Clemens)...his satire of the book of Genesis, written in the format of Adam's journal. " MONDAY -- This new creature with the long hair is a good deal in the way. It is always hanging around and following me about. I don't like this; I am not used to company. I wish it would stay with the other animals. . . . Cloudy today, wind in the east; think we shall have rain. . . . WE? Where did I get that word-the new creature uses it."
Review this book and you’ll be entered for a chance to win $50!
(Log in or Create an Account first!)
- Uncommon Works, IOBA, ABAA, ILAB (US)
- Bookseller's Inventory #
- Extracts from Adam's Diary: translated from the original MS
- Mark Twain [Samuel Clemens]
- F. Strothman
- Book condition
- Used - Very Good
- First Separate Edition
- Harper & Bros.
- Place of Publication
- Date Published
- Twain, first, adam, eve, clemens
- Bookseller catalogs
- Literature & Classics;
Terms of Sale
Uncommon Works, IOBA, ABAA, ILAB
90 day return guarantee, for up to 90 days after delivery if an item arrives misdescribed or damaged. The authenticity of signatures guaranteed.
Please note: Large, heavy and multi-volume sets billed at actual postage.
About the Seller
About Uncommon Works, IOBA, ABAA, ILAB
Some terminology that may be used in this description includes:
- "Cloth-bound" generally refers to a hardcover book with cloth covering the outside of the book covers. The cloth is stretched... [More]
- The outer portion of a book which covers the actual binding. The spine usually faces outward when a book is placed on a shelf.... [More]
- A new book is a book previously not circulated to a buyer. Although a new book is typically free of any faults or defects, "new"... [More]
- A term used in bookbinding, where a gathering of sheets is folded at the middle, then bound into the binding together. The... [More]
- Generally refers to minor discoloration or staining.
- title page
- A page at the front of a book which may contain the title of the book, any subtitles, the authors, contributors, editors, the... [More]