Payment Methods Accepted
About This Item
London: Hamish Hamilton, 1949. 200pp; With b/w photos (one on p.28 is loose); Maps to eps and pastedowns; D/w torn and soiled with some loss (in protective sleeving); Prelims. foxed else a bright and sound copy; Previous owner's inscription to verso of half-title;. First Edition. Cloth. Good/Poor. 8vo.
Review this book and you'll be entered for a chance to win $50!
(Log-in or create an account first!)
- Weathered Stone Books (IE)
- Bookseller Inventory #
- FABLED SHORE-FROM THE PYRENEES TO PORTUGAL
- MACAULAY, ROSE
- Book condition
- Used - Good
- Jacket condition
- First Edition
- Hamish Hamilton
- Place of Publication
- Date published
Terms of Sale
Weathered Stone Books
30 day return guarantee, with full refund including original shipping costs for up to 30 days after delivery if an item arrives misdescribed or damaged.
About the Seller
Biblio.com member since: 2018
Ask Seller a Question
About Weathered Stone Books
In operation since 1982 as The Winding Stair Bookshop, Dublin until 2005. Then in USA as Wandering Star Books an online bookseller also conducting appraisals for private collectors and institutions. Now back in Ireland and living in beautiful Sligo with views of the Atlantic and selling online.
Some terminology that may be used in this description includes:
- Foxing is the age related browning, or brown-yellowish spots, that can occur to book paper over time. When this aging process...[more]
- The page bound on the left side of a book, opposite to the recto page.
- Generally refers to minor discoloration or staining.
- First Edition
- In book collecting, the first edition is the earliest published form of a book. A book may have more than one first edition in...[more]
- "Cloth-bound" generally refers to a hardcover book with cloth covering the outside of the book covers. The cloth is stretched...[more]