The Fables of Aesop (facsimile of Macmillan & Company edition of 1894)
by JACOBS, Joseph
- Good with no dust jacket
- ISBN 10
- ISBN 13
Payment Methods Accepted
About This Item
New York: Mayflower Books. Good with no dust jacket. 1979. Hard Cover. 083173115X . A delightful facsimile edition of this famed book of fables, first published by Macmillan & Co. 1894. "Selected, told anew, and their history traced" by Joseph Jacobs. With numerous black & white illustrations by Richard Heighway. --- In dark green paper-covered boards spine titling and decorations in gilt; with blue sewn-in satin ribbon bookmark. Volume has no dust jacket. --- In very scuffed covers, tear to tail of spine and water glass rings to back cover; interior is bright but with prev. bookseller's black smudge price to front paste-down.; 12mo (7 to 7-1/2 in. tall); xxv, 222 pages .
Review this book and you’ll be entered for a chance to win !
(Log-in or Create an Account first!)
- Bluebird Books (US)
- Bookseller’s Inventory #
- The Fables of Aesop (facsimile of Macmillan & Company edition of 1894)
- JACOBS, Joseph
- Hard Cover
- Book condition
- Used - Good with no dust jacket
- ISBN 10
- ISBN 13
- Mayflower Books
- Place of Publication
- New York
- Date Published
Terms of Sale
All sales sold on a satisfaction guaranteed basis--all we ask is that you notify us within 30 days of purchase that you would like to return an item.
About the Seller
Biblio.com member since 2005
Ask Seller a Question
About Bluebird Books
Bluebird Books is the bookselling business of Eric Mayer, operating from my base in Littleton, Colorado. I specialize in classic fiction and literature, books on birds and natural history, railroadiana, biography, history and many other genres. Bluebird Books features publications by the Modern Library and Everyman's Library. I offer free shipping on books shipped within the US via USPS Media Mail. INTERNATIONAL ORDERS: I recommend that you use Biblio.com for your international orders because they have formed a partnership with Asendia to allow for much more affordable shipping on parcels weighing under 5 lb. (about 2.26 kg).
Some terminology that may be used in this description includes:
- An exact copy of an original work. In books, it refers to a copy or reproduction, as accurate as possible, of an original... [More]
- Sometimes used as another term for dust jacket, a protective and often decorative wrapper, usually made of paper which wraps... [More]
- The paste-down is the portion of the endpaper that is glued to the inner boards of a hardback book. The paste-down forms an... [More]
- The heel of the spine.
- The outer portion of a book which covers the actual binding. The spine usually faces outward when a book is placed on a shelf.... [More]
- A duodecimo is a book approximately 7 by 4.5 inches in size, or similar in size to a contemporary mass market paperback.... [More]