Payment Methods Accepted
About This Item
Fahrenheit 451 (Ballantine Books, 1953) by Ray Bradbury is a dystopian novel that presents a future American society in which the masses are hedonistic and critical thought through reading is outlawed. Written in the early years of the Cold War, the novel is a critique of what Bradbury saw as issues in American society of the era. Bradbury combined two of his early short stories, "The Pedestrian" and "Bright Phoenix," into The Fireman, a novella published in the February 1951 issue of Galaxy Science Fiction. Bradbury's publisher at Ballantine Books then suggested that he expand the work to make into a novel—Fahrenheit 451.
Read more: Identifying first editions of Fahrenheit 451
Review this book and you'll be entered for a chance to win $50!
(Log-in or create an account first!)
- Authors & Artists (US)
- Bookseller Inventory #
- Fahrenheit 451
- Bradbury, Ray
- Hardcover; 1st Printing
- Book condition
- Used - NF/VG+
- 1st Edition
- Ballantine Books
- Place of Publication
- New York
- Date published
- Ray Bradbury, Book burning, Books, Movie, Sci-fi
- Bookseller catalogs
- General Fiction 1sts; Horror/Sci-Fi/Fantasy 1sts; Signed 1sts & Limited Editions;
Terms of Sale
Authors & Artists
We accept PayPal only if you wish to pay us directly via credit card, or you can pay us via checks/money orders in U.S. funds mailed to us after asking us to hold the book for you. You can also pay Biblio via credit card, and they will transfer your payment to us. Bookseller inquiries welcomed re reciprocal discounts not shown here.� Our A&A logo may appear on our scans or pictures. There is nothing on the item itself. All book dustjackets are protected by clear, removable protectors, and all items, except those shipped via Global Priority in cardboard envelopes, are shipped well protected in boxes. On non-U.S. orders for books under $100, if size and weight permit, we will use Global Priority envelopes to minimize shipping charges. On int'l orders $100 and up, we ship via USPS Priority Air Int'l, well protected in a box, and insured by us. Please note that int'l shipping cost is value dependent so there is no delay in us being able to ship your order. You're welcome to contact us at email@example.com before ordering to see if the book you're interested in qualifies for Global Priority.
About the Seller
About Authors & Artists
Some terminology that may be used in this description includes:
- A term often used to indicate a book's new-like condition. Indicates that the hinges are not loosened. A book described as crisp...[more]
- The outer portion of a book which covers the actual binding. The spine usually faces outward when a book is placed on a shelf....[more]
- "Cloth-bound" generally refers to a hardcover book with cloth covering the outside of the book covers. The cloth is stretched...[more]
- Highly sought after by some collectors, a book plate is an inscribed or decorative device that identifies the owner, or former...[more]
- Minor wear resulting from a book being place on, and taken from a bookshelf, especially along the bottom edge.
- Used to mean that the binding of a book has not been overly loosened by frequent use.
- When a book is described as being inscribed, it indicates that a short note written by the author or a previous owner has...[more]
- The collective of the top, fore and bottom edges of the text block of the book, being that part of the edges of the pages of a...[more]