Payment Methods Accepted
About This Item
Boston: James R. Osgood and Company, 1873. First Edition with all of the points of a first pritning as noted in "Seven Authors of Crawfordsville, Indiana. (1" collation with numbers and letters on bottom of various pages of the signatures, bevelled edges. Publisher's imprint at bottom of spine, brown cloth covers and endpapers. and gilt owl and lettering on spine). First printings were in either brown, green, or purple cloth. Previous owner's bookplate on front pastedown and signature on title page. Bumping and rubbing of ends of spine and corners. Light cracking of front hinge. Moderate wear. Photos upon request. . Hardcover. Good. 8vo - over 7¾" - 9¾" tall.
Review this book and you'll be entered for a chance to win $50!
(Log-in or create an account first!)
- Quaker House Books (US)
- Bookseller Inventory #
- The Fair God; or, The Last of the 'Tzins: A Tale of the Conquest of Mexico
- Lewis Chase (Ed.)
- Book condition
- Used - Good
- James R. Osgood and Company
- Place of Publication
- Date published
- Fiction, Historical
- Bookseller catalogs
- Fiction, History;
- 8vo - over 7¾" - 9¾" tall
Terms of Sale
Quaker House Books
Items must be returned within ten days of sale for a full refund if not satisfied.
About the Seller
Biblio.com member since: 2006
Ask Seller a Question
About Quaker House Books
My book holdings are eclectic in nature.
Some terminology that may be used in this description includes:
- The portion of the book closest to the spine that allows the book to be opened and closed.
- The collective of the top, fore and bottom edges of the text block of the book, being that part of the edges of the pages of a...[more]
- "Cloth-bound" generally refers to a hardcover book with cloth covering the outside of the book covers. The cloth is stretched...[more]
- Abrasion or wear to the surface. Usually used in reference to a book's boards or dust-jacket.
- The outer portion of a book which covers the actual binding. The spine usually faces outward when a book is placed on a shelf....[more]
- The decorative application of gold or gold coloring to a portion of a book on the spine, edges of the text block, or an inlay in...[more]
- First Edition
- In book collecting, the first edition is the earliest published form of a book. A book may have more than one first edition in...[more]
- title page
- A page at the front of a book which may contain the title of the book, any subtitles, the authors, contributors, editors, the...[more]
- Highly sought after by some collectors, a book plate is an inscribed or decorative device that identifies the owner, or former...[more]