Payment Methods Accepted
About This Item
Toronto, Canada: The Musson Book Company Limited Circa 1911. Blue boards, gilt lettering on spine, top edge gilt, raised gilt illustration on front of young girl sitting with arms crossed, 117 numbered pages. Includes 8 beautiful illustrations. Lightly rubbed on ends of spine and tips of corners, spine faded, two subtle shallow dents (1/4 inch) in front near fore edge, small spot (1/16 inch) of residue on rear, some pages rough-cut along fore edge and bottom edge. Pages have light brown smudges throughout. Binding is tight. Previous owner's inscription in ink on front paste-down, faint pencil erasure mark on ffep, closed tear (1/4 inch) on fore edge on page 19. One chip in bottom edge of illustration at page 54 and 82, thin brown strips (1 and 2 inch) along spine on page 61 where piece of paper laid in, lower corner page 83 dog-eared, thin black smudge (2.5 inch) on fore edge on second-last unnumbered page. Overall, very good. DJ missing spine, remaining halves chipped and torn. Overall, poor. Rear half plain, front illustrated with Dulac scene represented on page 47: the moonshine-fairies gathering light. A totally charming book! . Hard Cover. Very Good/Poor. Illus. by Dulac, Edmund. 8vo - over 7¾" - 9¾" tall.
Review this book and you'll be entered for a chance to win $50!
(Log-in or create an account first!)
- Lindenlea Books (CA)
- Bookseller Inventory #
- Fairies I Have Met
- Stawell, Mrs. Rodolph
- Dulac, Edmund
- Book condition
- Used - Very Good
- Jacket condition
- The Musson Book Company Limited
- Place of Publication
- Toronto, Canada
- Edmund Dulac, Mrs. Rodolph Stawell, Fairies, Faeries
- Bookseller catalogs
- Children's; Fairies;
- 8vo - over 7¾" - 9¾" tall
Terms of Sale
We guarantee the condition of every book as it is described. If you are not satisfied with your purchase or if the order hasn't arrived, you are eligible for a refund within 30 days of the estimated delivery date.
About the Seller
Biblio.com member since: 2019
Ask Seller a Question
About Lindenlea Books
We are located in Ottawa (Ontario, Canada), and started selling books online in 2009. We offer a wide range of topics, with a focus on signed modern Canadian first editions. Please feel free to contact us by email if you have a question regarding any of our books.
Some terminology that may be used in this description includes:
- The paste-down is the portion of the endpaper that is glued to the inner boards of a hardback book. The paste-down forms an...[more]
- The decorative application of gold or gold coloring to a portion of a book on the spine, edges of the text block, or an inlay in...[more]
- top edge gilt
- Top edge gilt refers to the practice of applying gold or a gold-like finish to the top of the text block (the edges the...[more]
- fore edge
- The portion of a book that is opposite the spine. That part of a book which faces the wall when shelved in a...[more]
- Used to mean that the binding of a book has not been overly loosened by frequent use.
- The outer portion of a book which covers the actual binding. The spine usually faces outward when a book is placed on a shelf....[more]
- A book with significant wear and faults. A poor condition book is still a reading copy with the full text still readable. Any...[more]
- A common abbreviation for Front Free EndPaper. Generally, it is the first page of a book and is part of a single sheet that...[more]