A Fairy Garland: Being Fairy Tales from the Old French [Limited Signed Edition no. 778/1000]
by Edmund Dulac (illus.)
- Very Good+
Standard Delivery: 14 to 21 days
More Shipping Options
Ask Seller a Question
Payment Methods Accepted
About This Item
This beautiful book has been rebound in half calf and green cloth boards, with gold gilt detailing and lettering to the spine. There is just some mild rubbing to the boards and spine and some minor cracking to the spine ends and wear to the very edges of the boards. Apart from this the binding is sound and in smart, clean condition. The pages are uncut and the top edge is gold gilt. Inside, some slight cracking is visible between the spine and front free endpaper. There is some toning and age spotting throughtout the book, although it is mainly at the edges and otherwise the pages are clean bright and in beautiful condition. All 12 illustrations are accounted for and in lovely, vivid condition, protected by tissue guards and depicting the oriental mood of the tales. There is a free endpaper at the rear of the book that shows signs of having been repaired and reattached to the book, but this is the only major issue in a lovely book.
Overall, this beautiful book is in Very Good+ condition and is very collectible, with classic fairy tales and vivid illustrations to bring them to life, this would be an excellent book to add to a collection of rare children's and illustrated books.
Review this book and you'll be entered for a chance to win $50!
(Log-in or create an account first!)
- Everlasting Editions (GB)
- Bookseller Inventory #
- A Fairy Garland
- Edmund Dulac (illus.)
- Edmund Dulac
- Signed Limited Edition. Numbered 778 of 1000
- Book condition
- Used - Very Good+
- Quantity available
- Limited Signed Edition
- Cassell & Company
- Place of Publication
- Date published
- fairy, garland, tales, french, old, puss, boots, madame, d'ulney, illustrated, edmund, dulac, signed, limited, edition, first, oriental, asia, classic
- Bookseller catalogs
- Children's and Illustrated; Signed;
Terms of Sale
30 day return guarantee, with full refund including original shipping costs for up to 30 days after delivery if an item arrives misdescribed or damaged.
About the Seller
About Everlasting Editions
Some terminology that may be used in this description includes:
- A book in which the pages have been bound into a covering replacing the original covering issued by the publisher.
- "Cloth-bound" generally refers to a hardcover book with cloth covering the outside of the book covers. The cloth is stretched...[more]
- A term used to denote a condition a slight grade better than Good.
- The outer portion of a book which covers the actual binding. The spine usually faces outward when a book is placed on a shelf....[more]
- The collective of the top, fore and bottom edges of the text block of the book, being that part of the edges of the pages of a...[more]
- Calf or calf hide is a common form of leather binding. Calf binding is naturally a light brown but there are ways to treat...[more]
- The decorative application of gold or gold coloring to a portion of a book on the spine, edges of the text block, or an inlay in...[more]
- Abrasion or wear to the surface. Usually used in reference to a book's boards or dust-jacket.