FASHIONS FOR MEN: Spring and Summer 1923 [and] FASHIONS FOR MEN: Fall & Winter 1923-24
by Selig Brothers, San Francisco's Leading Wholesale Tailors
- very good
- Very good
Covina, California, United States
Payment Methods Accepted
About This Item
Little is known about this firm which by the 1920s had offices at 518 Market Street. A city directory shows brothers Phil and Samuel Selig and in operation as early as 1900. According to a report in a 1906 issue of Men's Wear, Phil Selig temporarily relocated to New York following the San Francisco earthquake and fire.
Folio, two volumes with  p. in each. Illustrated in color with printing on the rectos only. The Spring and Summer portfolio is bound in stiff brown paper wrappers, white the Fall & Winter catalog is bound in stiff green paper wrappers. Both are bound with staples and a cloth strip along the spine. Additionally, there is a small hole punch in the upper left corner and a string tie. Some mild soiling and wear; otherwise very good.
(Log in or Create an Account first!)
- Johnson Rare Books & Archives (US)
- Bookseller's Inventory #
- FASHIONS FOR MEN: Spring and Summer 1923 [and] FASHIONS FOR MEN: Fall & Winter 1923-24
- Selig Brothers, San Francisco's Leading Wholesale Tailors
- Book Condition
- Used - Very good
- Quantity Available
- Selig Brothers
- Place of Publication
- San Francisco
- Date Published
- Fashion, Men's Clothes, Couture, Clothing, Tailors, San Francisco, California, Western Americana
- May be a multi-volume set and require additional postage.
Terms of Sale
Johnson Rare Books & Archives
As proud members of the Antiquarian Booksellers' Association of America, we uphold our association's code of ethics. If you are not satisfied with your purchase, all items are returnable within ten days of delivery. Materials must be returned in the same condition as sent. If you have any questions or concerns, simply call us to discuss.
About the Seller
About Johnson Rare Books & Archives
Some terminology that may be used in this description includes:
- The outer portion of a book which covers the actual binding. The spine usually faces outward when a book is placed on a shelf....
- A folio usually indicates a large book size of 15" in height or larger when used in the context of a book description. Further,...
- The paper covering on the outside of a paperback. Also see the entry for pictorial wraps, color illustrated coverings for...
- A new book is a book previously not circulated to a buyer. Although a new book is typically free of any faults or defects, "new"...
- "Cloth-bound" generally refers to a hardcover book with cloth covering the outside of the book covers. The cloth is stretched...