Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas: A Savage Journey to the Heart of the American Dream.; Illustrated by Ralph Steadman
by Thompson, Hunter S
- Bookplate on front paste-down, else near fine, clean & tight condition / near fine bright price clipped dust jacket which is now
- ISBN 10
- ISBN 13
Baldwin City, Kansas
Payment Methods Accepted
About This Item
Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas: A Savage Journey to the Heart of the American Dream is a novel by Hunter S. Thompson, illustrated by Ralph Steadman. The book is a roman à clef, rooted in autobiographical incidents. The story follows its protagonist, Raoul Duke, and his attorney, Dr. Gonzo, as they descend on Las Vegas to chase the American Dream through a drug-induced haze. The novel first appeared as a two-part series in Rolling Stone magazine in 1971, was printed as a book the same year, and was later adapted into a film of the same name in 1998 starring Johnny Depp and Benicio del Toro. According to The New York Times, Fear and Loathing "cemented Mr. Thompson's place as a singular presence in American journalism or, as he once called himself, 'a connoisseur of edge work.'"
Review this book and you’ll be entered for a chance to win $50!
(Log in or Create an Account first!)
- J. Hood, Booksellers, inc. (US)
- Bookseller's Inventory #
- Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas: A Savage Journey to the Heart of the American Dream.; Illustrated by Ralph Steadman
- Thompson, Hunter S
- Book condition
- Used - Bookplate on front paste-down, else near fine, clean & tight condition / near fine bright price clipped dust jacket which is now
- First edition
- ISBN 10
- ISBN 13
- Random House
- Place of Publication
- Date Published
Terms of Sale
J. Hood, Booksellers, inc.
Payment with order, credit cards accepted (VISA, MC, Discover), personal checks on USA banks, money orders in US funds. Libraries and educational institutions will be invoiced upon request. Returns accepted within 30 days. Unless the book is clearly not as described, refund is for the price of the book only.
About the Seller
About J. Hood, Booksellers, inc.
Some terminology that may be used in this description includes:
- The paste-down is the portion of the endpaper that is glued to the inner boards of a hardback book. The paste-down forms an... [More]
- First Edition
- In book collecting, the first edition is the earliest published form of a book. A book may have more than one first edition in... [More]
- Used to mean that the binding of a book has not been overly loosened by frequent use.
- price clipped
- When a book is described as price-clipped, it indicates that the portion of the dust jacket flap that has the publisher's... [More]
- Highly sought after by some collectors, a book plate is an inscribed or decorative device that identifies the owner, or former... [More]
- Sometimes used as another term for dust jacket, a protective and often decorative wrapper, usually made of paper which wraps... [More]
- A book in fine condition exhibits no flaws. A fine condition book closely approaches As New condition, but may lack the... [More]