Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas: Savage journey to the heart of the American Dream
by Thompson, Hunter S,
Payment Methods Accepted
About This Item
Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas: A Savage Journey to the Heart of the American Dream is a novel by Hunter S. Thompson, illustrated by Ralph Steadman. The book is a roman à clef, rooted in autobiographical incidents. The story follows its protagonist, Raoul Duke, and his attorney, Dr. Gonzo, as they descend on Las Vegas to chase the American Dream through a drug-induced haze. The novel first appeared as a two-part series in Rolling Stone magazine in 1971, was printed as a book the same year, and was later adapted into a film of the same name in 1998 starring Johnny Depp and Benicio del Toro. According to The New York Times, Fear and Loathing "cemented Mr. Thompson's place as a singular presence in American journalism or, as he once called himself, 'a connoisseur of edge work.'"
Review this book and you’ll be entered for a chance to win $50!
(Log in or Create an Account first!)
- acs books (US)
- Bookseller's Inventory #
- Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas
- Thompson, Hunter S,
- Steadman, Ralph
- Book condition
- Used - Good-
- Jacket condition
- Popular Library
- Place of Publication
- New York, New York
- Date Published
- 4" x 7"
- fear loathing las vegas thompson steadman popular library sixties DR GONZO drugs gambling tourism road trip nixon
- Bookseller catalogs
- 4" x 7"
Terms of Sale
About the Seller
About acs books
Some terminology that may be used in this description includes:
- The page bound on the left side of a book, opposite to the recto page.
- The collective of the top, fore and bottom edges of the text block of the book, being that part of the edges of the pages of a... [More]
- The outer portion of a book which covers the actual binding. The spine usually faces outward when a book is placed on a shelf.... [More]