Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas
by Thompson, Hunter S
- Illustrated wrappers with bump to upper corner on cover and head of spine, slight crease to upper corner on verso, overall very
HACKETTSTOWN, New Jersey, United States
Bibliophiles Club Membership
Standard delivery: 4 to 10 days
More Shipping Options
Ask Seller a Question
Payment Methods Accepted
About This Item
Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas: A Savage Journey to the Heart of the American Dream is a novel by Hunter S. Thompson, illustrated by Ralph Steadman. The book is a roman à clef, rooted in autobiographical incidents. The story follows its protagonist, Raoul Duke, and his attorney, Dr. Gonzo, as they descend on Las Vegas to chase the American Dream through a drug-induced haze. The novel first appeared as a two-part series in Rolling Stone magazine in 1971, was printed as a book the same year, and was later adapted into a film of the same name in 1998 starring Johnny Depp and Benicio del Toro. According to The New York Times, Fear and Loathing "cemented Mr. Thompson's place as a singular presence in American journalism or, as he once called himself, 'a connoisseur of edge work.'"
Read More: Identifying first editions of Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas
Review this book and you’ll be entered for a chance to win $50!
(Log in or Create an Account first!)
- The Old Mill Bookshop (US)
- Bookseller's Inventory #
- Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas
- Thompson, Hunter S
- 208 pp. 8vo
- Book Condition
- Used - Illustrated wrappers with bump to upper corner on cover and head of spine, slight crease to upper corner on verso, overall very
- Quantity Available
- First mass market edition
- Popular Library
- Place of Publication
- New York
- Date Published
Terms of Sale
The Old Mill Bookshop
About the Seller
The Old Mill Bookshop
About The Old Mill Bookshop
Some terminology that may be used in this description includes:
- The page bound on the left side of a book, opposite to the recto page.
- Mass Market
- Mass market paperback books, or MMPBs, are printed for large audiences cheaply. This means that they are smaller, usually 4...
- The outer portion of a book which covers the actual binding. The spine usually faces outward when a book is placed on a shelf....
- The paper covering on the outside of a paperback. Also see the entry for pictorial wraps, color illustrated coverings for...