Payment Methods Accepted
About This Item
Indianapolis: The Bowen-Merrill Company Publishers, 1901. First edition. Hardcover. Good +. First edition. Hardcover. Octavo. 192pp. plus 12pp. ads. Illustrated by Virginia Keep. Dark green cloth stamped in gold. Cover is uniformly rubbed giving it a mottled look. Light rubbing to bottom of spine. Stamped ownership name on front paste-down. Mad scientist experiments on himself.
Review this book and you'll be entered for a chance to win $50!
(Log-in or create an account first!)
- Lost Horizon Bookstore (US)
- Bookseller Inventory #
- A FEARSOME RIDDLE
- Ehrmann, Max
- Book condition
- Used - Good +
- Quantity available
- First edition
- The Bowen-Merrill Company Publishers
- Place of Publication
- Date published
Terms of Sale
Lost Horizon Bookstore
30 day return guarantee, with full refund including original shipping costs for up to 30 days after delivery if an item arrives misdescribed or damaged. We do not accept overseas orders for some countries and for some large and expensive items.
About the Seller
Biblio.com member since: 2010
Santa Barbara, California
Ask Seller a Question
About Lost Horizon Bookstore
We are a small, open shop in Santa Barbara and have been in the same location for over 30 years. We have a select inventory of used and rare books. We also carry original posters and prints, vintage photographs and ephemera. Open Tues.- Sat. 11-6, closed Sunday & Monday.
Some terminology that may be used in this description includes:
- The outer portion of a book which covers the actual binding. The spine usually faces outward when a book is placed on a shelf....[more]
- Another of the terms referring to page or book size, octavo refers to a standard printer's sheet folded four times, producing...[more]
- Abrasion or wear to the surface. Usually used in reference to a book's boards or dust-jacket.
- The paste-down is the portion of the endpaper that is glued to the inner boards of a hardback book. The paste-down forms an...[more]
- "Cloth-bound" generally refers to a hardcover book with cloth covering the outside of the book covers. The cloth is stretched...[more]
- First Edition
- In book collecting, the first edition is the earliest published form of a book. A book may have more than one first edition in...[more]