The Feeling of What Happens: Body and Emotion in the Making of Consciousness
by Damasio, Antonio
Standard Delivery: 7 to 14 days
More Shipping Options
Ask Seller a Question
Payment Methods Accepted
About This Item
Antonio Damasio examines the biological roots of consciousness and its role in our survival in The Feeling of What Happens . How is it that we know what we know? How is it that our conscious and private minds have a sense of self? A gifted medical clinician and scientific thinker, Damasio helps readers to ask and answer questions about what it is to be human. His elegant investigation of feeling and emotion offers a new understanding of the conscious mind and, as the New York Times has noted, “will change your experience of yourself.”
Review this book and you'll be entered for a chance to win $50!
(Log-in or create an account first!)
Great book, with an easy writing that enables common people to understand it.It gives you a great idea of how consciousness may arrive, how emotions help create knowledge and many other interesting facts about mind.
- The Bookshelf (US)
- Bookseller Inventory #
- The Feeling of What Happens: Body and Emotion in the Making of Consciousness
- Damasio, Antonio
- Book condition
- New Like New
- Quantity available
- ISBN 10
- ISBN 13
- Mariner Books
- Place of Publication
- New York
- Date published
Terms of Sale
Please return the item in the packaging received or equivalent packaging.
Please report any shipping damage or concerns with condition or content within seven days.
For greater detail on how problems are handled, see "Return Instructions."
Thank you for your interest.
About the Seller
About The Bookshelf
Some terminology that may be used in this description includes:
- A book in fine condition exhibits no flaws. A fine condition book closely approaches As New condition, but may lack the...[more]
- Used to mean that the binding of a book has not been overly loosened by frequent use.
- The outer portion of a book which covers the actual binding. The spine usually faces outward when a book is placed on a shelf....[more]
- A new book is a book previously not circulated to a buyer. Although a new book is typically free of any faults or defects,...[more]
- The collective of the top, fore and bottom edges of the text block of the book, being that part of the edges of the pages of a...[more]