Film Screenplay (A Clockwork Orange)
by Burgess, Anthony
2 Copies Available from This Seller
Payment Methods Accepted
About This Item
Anthony Burgess wrote more than 40 novels, but A Clockwork Orange is certainly his most famous. The novel is set in a not-too-distant future English society, namely characterized by a subculture of extreme youth violence. Alex, the unapologetic teenaged protagonist, narrates his exploits and experiences with state authorities intent on reforming him. This narration — in a fictional slang called nadsat — is an experiment in language, combining elements of Russian and Cockney English. In fact, the title of the novel itself is taken from an old Cockney expression: “As queer as a clockwork orange.” The US edition of the novel was published without the final chapter, in which Alex grows up to renounce violence. Burgess strongly disapproved of the decision, arguing that it distorted the novel into a tale of unredeemable evil — far from the author’s original intention. Ironically, the US edition of A Clockwork Orange became a cult classic and was used by Stanley Kubrick for his 1971 film adaptation. A Clockwork Orange is ranked 65th on Modern Library’s “100 Best” English-language novels of the 20th century. It is also listed in TIME’s “100 Best Novels” (since 1923).
One of the worst books ever! this is sick.
Review this book and you’ll be entered for a chance to win !
(Log in or Create an Account first!)
- World of Books Ltd (GB)
- Bookseller's Inventory #
- Film Screenplay (A Clockwork Orange)
- Burgess, Anthony
- Book condition
- Used - Good
- ISBN 10
- ISBN 13
- Screenpress Books
- Place of Publication
- This edition first published
Terms of Sale
World of Books Ltd
If you are not completely satisfied with your purchase for any reason, simply email firstname.lastname@example.org and we will quickly resolve any issues you may have. If you have any other queries about your order, please email email@example.com. Our goal is to deliver to our customers the best possible service and we hope your experience of dealing with us lives up to our promise. If for whatever reason we fail to meet your expectations then please let us know.
About the Seller
About World of Books Ltd
- Wob: Through Wob, we sell. We provide affordable, preloved books and media to customers all over the world. A book leaves our collection of over seven million titles and begins a new chapter every two seconds, enabling more goods to be reused.
- Ziffit: Through Ziffit, we buy. We give people around the world the opportunity to contribute to the circular economy, earn money and protect the planet, by trading their unwanted books and media.
- Shopiago: Through Shopiago, we help others. By sharing the technology that has grown World of Books Group into the business it is today, we're helping charities increase revenue and reduce waste through re-commerce.