first circumnavigation of Vancouver Island
by Newcombe and Forsyth
- SIGNED FIRST EDITION/N/A
Victoria, British Columbia
Payment Methods Accepted
About This Item
Book has an errata sheet slipped in. It has 8 maps (8 plates) all perfect, all numbered, all protected by a tiussue in which is printed in red the plate number and title, and all dated betwen 1768 and 1792. The book has no writing inside, no dirt, no defects. It is in near fine condition for its age,but has a piece of paper strip missing from top of spine. I highlight that in one of the scans.
The author has signed "from C.F.Newcombe" at the top of the front cover, gifting the book. Newcombe as a noted naturalist and a volunteer at the Provincial Library.
Memoir # 1 by the Archives of B.C. Archives of B.C. published a number of Memoirs. This is #1. I have for sale #5 Menzies Journal of Vancouver's Voyages, #iv House of Assembly Correspondence. #vii Assay Office and Proposed Mint, #viii Colonial Postal System and Postage Stamps. and #ix Overlanders of '62. Some signed
Review this book and you’ll be entered for a chance to win $50!
(Log in or Create an Account first!)
- Michael's Pride and Joys (CA)
- Bookseller's Inventory #
- first circumnavigation of Vancouver Island
- Newcombe and Forsyth
- Book condition
- Used - SIGNED FIRST EDITION
- Jacket condition
- Archives of British Columbia
- Place of Publication
- Victoria B.C.
- Date Published
Terms of Sale
Michael's Pride and Joys
About the Seller
About Michael's Pride and Joys
Some terminology that may be used in this description includes:
- A book in fine condition exhibits no flaws. A fine condition book closely approaches As New condition, but may lack the... [More]
- Errata: aka Errata Slip A piece of paper either laid in to the book correcting errors found in the printed text after being... [More]
- The outer portion of a book which covers the actual binding. The spine usually faces outward when a book is placed on a shelf.... [More]
- Full page illustration or photograph. Plates are printed separately from the text of the book, and bound in at production. I.e.,... [More]