FIRST FOLIO: A Little Book of Folio Forewords.**
by TAYLOR,CATHERINE - Intro by:
- FINE./Issued in slipcase.
Standard Delivery: 4 to 7 days
More Shipping Options
Ask Seller a Question
Payment Methods Accepted
About This Item
UK,12mo HB+s/case,1st edn.FINE/FINE.No owner inscrptn,no dw/dj,issued with slipcase.Bright,clean,blue paper-covered card slipcase; with negligible shelf-wear to edges,no rubbed/bumped corners.Author names in various fonts and shades of blue, illustrated paper-covered bds with black cloth blind spine,b/w striped headband and immaculate blue eps.Top+fore-edges bright, crisp and clean, contents bright,tight and pristine.UK,12mo HB+ s/case,1st edn,v-xiipp+3-132pp [paginated] includes contents+illus lists,intro - Catherine Taylor,Fiction & Literature publisher,Folio Society,15 modern day writers intros on books significant to them, 15 assorted full or part page,b/w+colour illus by assorted artists, 2pp biblio; plus [unpaginated] half-title page recto of which has colour portrait frntis and title page. Set in Galliard at The Folio Society.Printed on Lessebo paper at Karl Grammlich GmbH, Pliezhausen,Germany.Quarter-bound in cloth by Lachemaier, Reutlingen,Germany,with Modigliani paper sides printed and blocked with a design by Jonny Hannah The writers/contributors include: Tim Parks, Richard Holmes, Philip Pullman, Roy Foster, Iain Sinclair, Helen Dunmore, Colm Toibin, A.S. Byatt, Frances Wilson, Peter Ackroyd, William Trevor, Fergal Keane, John Sutherland, Jonathan Coe, and Julian Barnes. The Folio Society's success is due to publishing books with exceptional typography, illustrations,paper and bindings.The Society sources new introductions from literary experts to accompany classic texts,using skilled designers and master printers to produce memorable fine books in both fiction and non-fiction fields.The Folio Society also prides itself on producing series of an author's works which regular publishers might not think economic - in several cases it is only possible to acquire forgotten books by major writers in Folio Society editions. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org ,because of the lighter weight and value of this item, for correct,insured shipping/P+p quotes - particularly ALL overseas buyers - BEFORE ordering through the order page!
Review this book and you'll be entered for a chance to win $50!
(Log-in or create an account first!)
- R. J. A. PAXTON-DENNY. (GB)
- Bookseller Inventory #
- FIRST FOLIO: A Little Book of Folio Forewords.**
- TAYLOR,CATHERINE - Intro by:
- various illustrators.
- Book condition
- Used - FINE.
- Jacket condition
- Issued in slipcase.
- Quantity available
- UK,12mo HB+s/case,1st edn.
- LONDON.THE FOLIO SOCIETY,2008.
- q52.MODERN FIRSTS2.No ISBN.UK,12mo HB+s/case,1st edn.The Folio Society.Tim Parks.Richard Holmes.Philip Pullman.Roy Foster.Iain Sinclair.Helen Dunmore.Colm Toibin.A.S. Byatt.Frances Wilson.Peter Ackroyd.William Trevor.Fergal Keane.John Sutherland.
- Bookseller catalogs
- MODERN FIRSTS2;
Terms of Sale
R. J. A. PAXTON-DENNY.
NO books will be sent 'ON APPROVAL' unless paid for in full and invoiced accordingly and with appropiate Registered/Recorded/Insurance,where applicable.If returned/declined monies refundable (P+p and any processing fees excluded). Other returns/refunds, only if book(s) are misdescribed,and then a) matches the invoice sent with it, b) returned in original packaging and state/condition sent out in,and received by buyer, c) and returned at the seller's original and actual shipping/P+p cost used when despatched to buyer - any excess cost borne at returnee's own expense. Notification of intent of return, required within 2 days of receipt of book please. 30 day return guarantee, for refund, (excluding P+p costs and any processing fees), for up to 30 days after delivery, only if an item arrives either misdescribed or damaged.Other returns accepted at seller's discretion. Orders processed same day,subject to time of receipt of order and payment, by end of P.O's business day, where applicable, and despatched the same day (weekends excluded). Shipping/P+p costs are based on books weighing 2.2Lb,or 1KG and UNINSURED, unless quoted otherwise. If your book order (P+p cost included/excluded) is in excess of 20.00 GBP,heavy or oversized, as per instruction, we'll contact you to let you know if extra shipping/insurance is required.Prices are nett, worldwide shipping/handling and registration/ insurance fees are extra.Books/orders in excess of 20.00 GBP will only be sent with appropriate insurance fees. So,for actual insured/registered shipping costs, prior contact with the seller, BEFORE ordering, is required at: email@example.com. All orders are wrapped in sellophane, then either bubble-wrapped or corrugated-card and then boxed.[US+CANADA only.] Items/orders over 20.00 GBP are automatically sent registered/insured either via PARCEL FORCE [insured].Or, International SIGNED For [insured] AIRMAIL,minimum of 6.50 GBP,in addition to P+p and subject to book('s) weight.Books WILL NOT be sent without appropiate Registered/Recorded/Insurance,where applicable.We use the Royal Mail for inland (UK)and most overseas deliveries.For most other International destinations,for orders/books in excess of 20.00 GBP,we use Royal Mail International Registered/SIGNED For minimum of 6.50 GBP (100gm),in addition to postage and subject to book('s) weight.UK addresses, orders/ books in excess of 20.00 GBP, sent Next Day Guaranteed Delivery [Minimum Insured up to 250 GBP automatically - at no fee,extra insurance can be bought upto 1,000 GBP and Maximum 2,500 GBP - enquire for costs.], minimum of 5.90 GBP per order, again subject to weight.
About the Seller
About R. J. A. PAXTON-DENNY.
Some terminology that may be used in this description includes:
- Common term for the covers of a hardbound book. The term 'boards' refers to the thick cardboard under the paper or cloth...[more]
- "Cloth-bound" generally refers to a hardcover book with cloth covering the outside of the book covers. The cloth is stretched...[more]
- The page on the right side of a book, with the term Verso used to describe the page on the left side.
- A strip of colored material attached to the text block at the top of the spine of a hard cover book. The same treatment...[more]
- A new book is a book previously not circulated to a buyer. Although a new book is typically free of any faults or defects,...[more]
- The outer portion of a book which covers the actual binding. The spine usually faces outward when a book is placed on a shelf....[more]
- A folio usually indicates a large book size of 15" in height or larger when used in the context of a book description....[more]
- The collective of the top, fore and bottom edges of the text block of the book, being that part of the edges of the pages of a...[more]
- title page
- A page at the front of a book which may contain the title of the book, any subtitles, the authors, contributors, editors, the...[more]
- A term often used to indicate a book's new-like condition. Indicates that the hinges are not loosened. A book described as crisp...[more]
- A book in fine condition exhibits no flaws. A fine condition book closely approaches As New condition, but may lack the...[more]