Flair Annual 1953.
by COWLES, Fleur. Contributors include Salvador Dali, Katherine Ann Porter, Walker Evans, Rufino Tamayo, Virgil Thomson, Richard Wilbur, Robert Lowry, Edgar Degas, and others
- near fine
- Near Fine
Standard Delivery: 7 to 14 days
More Shipping Options
Ask Seller a Question
Payment Methods Accepted
About This Item
New York: Random House, 1952. Signed on a special quill bookmark by Fleur Cowles. First edition / First printing. Red die-cut cloth boards with gold foil decoration and white title. Near fine. A few fold-outs have a slight creases, from misfolding, else a spectacular copy. A lovely copy of an enchanting book. Includes many die-cut pages, special inks, and fold-outs. Flair was published as a deluxe fashion periodical for a single year. It went under due to cost overruns that were attributable to the extravagant publication features. The Bookmark is uncommon, especially signed by Fleur Cowles.
Review this book and you'll be entered for a chance to win $50!
(Log-in or create an account first!)
- Orpheus Books (US)
- Bookseller Inventory #
- Flair Annual 1953.
- COWLES, Fleur. Contributors include Salvador Dali, Katherine Ann Porter, Walker Evans, Rufino Tamayo, Virgil Thomson, Richard Wilbur, Robert Lowry, Edgar Degas, and others
- Salvador Dali, Walker Evans, Rufino Tamayo, Robert Lowry, Edgar Degas, and others
- Red die-cut cloth boards with gold foil decoration and white title.
- Book condition
- Used - Near Fine
- Quantity available
- First edition / First printing.
- Random House,
- Place of Publication
- New York:
- Date published
- Bookseller catalogs
Terms of Sale
Check, Money Order, or Cashiers Check with order unless credit has been established. Credit cards are accepted through PayPal and the Biblio site. Books may be reserved by telephone (425-351-6959) or Email (firstname.lastname@example.org) and will be held for 1 week pending payment in full. Note: When we state First Edition we are speaking of a First Printing. We strongly recommend that you call or Email to reserve books prior to sending payment via mail. Please telephone between the hours of 9 a.m. and 9 p.m. Pacific Time. Make Checks Payable To: Orpheus Books. Washington state residents must include 9.5% sales tax. International orders must be paid in U.S. currency and will be shipped at different rates. We ship via the U.S. postal service, FedEx and UPS unless other arrangements are made. If you select surface mail, it will be shipped via media rate. Oversize and heavy shipments will accrue additional charges. Returns may be made within 7 days of receipt and must be insured at full value and received in the same condition as when sent. Prior notice of return is appreciated.
About the Seller
About Orpheus Books
Some terminology that may be used in this description includes:
- "Cloth-bound" generally refers to a hardcover book with cloth covering the outside of the book covers. The cloth is stretched...[more]
- First Edition
- In book collecting, the first edition is the earliest published form of a book. A book may have more than one first edition in...[more]
- A book in fine condition exhibits no flaws. A fine condition book closely approaches As New condition, but may lack the...[more]