Flappers and Philosophers
by Fitzgerald, F Scott
- Very Good with no dust jacket
Overland Park, Kansas, United States
Bibliophiles Club Membership
More Shipping Options
Ask Seller a Question
Payment Methods Accepted
About This Item
Flappers and Philosophers was published in 1920 on the heels of Fitzgerald’s sensational debut, This Side of Paradise, and anticipated themes in The Great Gatsby. This iconic collection marks the writer’s entry into short fiction, and contains some of his most famous early stories, including “Bernice Bobs Her Hair,” “The Ice Palace,” “Head and Shoulders,” and “The Offshore Pirate.” In these pages we meet Fitzgerald’s trademark characters: the beautiful, headstrong young women and the dissolute, wandering young men who comprised what came to be called the Lost Generation. With their bobbed hair and dangling cigarettes, his characters are sophisticated, witty, and, above all, modern: the spoiled heiress who falls for her kidnapper, the intellectual student whose life is turned upside-down by a chorus girl, the feuding debutantes whose weapons are cutting words and a pair of scissors. An instant classic in its time, a confirmed part of the canon today, this collection evokes 1920s America through the eyes of a writer indelibly linked to that singular era. (Publisher Summary - Random House )
Read More: Identifying first editions of Flappers and Philosophers
Review this book and you’ll be entered for a chance to win $50!
(Log in or Create an Account first!)
- Abound Book Company (US)
- Bookseller's Inventory #
- Flappers and Philosophers
- Fitzgerald, F Scott
- Book Condition
- Used - Very Good with no dust jacket
- First Edition; Third Printing
- Scribners: NY, 1920
- Date Published
- Bookseller catalogs
- F Scott Fitzgerald;
Terms of Sale
Abound Book Company
MasterCard,Visa and American Express are welcome. We also offer fast and secure PAYPAL: (www.paypal.com)Please pay to:email@example.com. Personal checks and money orders welcome. Books are held for 7 days on a firm order. Book/s may be returned for a full refund within14 days of receipt in the same condition as received. Please email intentions of return in advance of shipping. Most orders are shipped within 24 hours of receipt of payment.
About the Seller
Abound Book Company
About Abound Book Company
Some terminology that may be used in this description includes:
- "Cloth-bound" generally refers to a hardcover book with cloth covering the outside of the book covers. The cloth is stretched...
- The collective of the top, fore and bottom edges of the text block of the book, being that part of the edges of the pages of a...
- First Edition
- In book collecting, the first edition is the earliest published form of a book. A book may have more than one first edition in...
- The decorative application of gold or gold coloring to a portion of a book on the spine, edges of the text block, or an inlay in...
- Sometimes used as another term for dust jacket, a protective and often decorative wrapper, usually made of paper which wraps...
- The outer portion of a book which covers the actual binding. The spine usually faces outward when a book is placed on a shelf....