Flora of Cumberland containing a full list of the flowering plants and ferns to be found in the County, according to the latest and most reliable authorities. With an introductory chapter on the soils of Cumberland by J. G. Goodchild
by Hodgson, William
- See description
Hay on Wye, Herefordshire, United Kingdom
Payment Methods Accepted
About This Item
First edition. W. Meals and Company. Carlisle. 1898. Octavo. xxxvi, 398pp. Folding map, a little creased and sunned to the fore-edge, geological map. Original cloth, gilt to spine. Top edge gilt. Occasional spotting, light toning to endpapers. A couple of light marks to boards, lightly bumped to corners. Occasional marginal plant-hunting and botanical notes in an unknown hand, with dates (1920's) and locations.
This copy was from the private collection of of Quentin Oliver Newton Kay (1939-2017)
(Log in or Create an Account first!)
- Paul Haynes Rare Books (GB)
- Bookseller's Inventory #
- Flora of Cumberland containing a full list of the flowering plants and ferns to be found in the County, according to the latest and most reliable authorities. With an introductory chapter on the soils of Cumberland by J. G. Goodchild
- Hodgson, William
- Book Condition
- Quantity Available
- W. Meals and Company
- Place of Publication
- Date Published
- 0.00 lbs
- Cumberland, Lake District, Botany, Flora, Plant Hunting
- Bookseller catalogs
Terms of Sale
Paul Haynes Rare Books
We hope to describe items accurately, and any purchase may be returned if it does not correspond with the description, on condition that postal arrangements for return are confirmed as soon as possible with us in advance of return.
30 day return guarantee, with full refund including original shipping costs for up to 30 days after delivery if an item arrives misdescribed or damaged, when reported promptly upon receipt. All items are fully insured during transit, a signature may be required on delivery. Heavier items and multi volume sets may incur a commensurate increase in the postage cost.
Regrettably, customers may find that there may be delays in delivery due to the current situation. We regret that we cannot be responsible for taxes or duties imposed in the customer's country.
About the Seller
About Paul Haynes Rare Books
Some terminology that may be used in this description includes:
- Another of the terms referring to page or book size, octavo refers to a standard printer's sheet folded four times, producing...
- Damage done to a book cover or dust jacket caused by exposure to direct sunlight. Very strong fluorescent light can cause slight...
- The decorative application of gold or gold coloring to a portion of a book on the spine, edges of the text block, or an inlay in...
- The outer portion of a book which covers the actual binding. The spine usually faces outward when a book is placed on a shelf....
- Top Edge Gilt
- Top edge gilt refers to the practice of applying gold or a gold-like finish to the top of the text block (the edges the pages...
- "Cloth-bound" generally refers to a hardcover book with cloth covering the outside of the book covers. The cloth is stretched...