Payment Methods Accepted
About This Item
Bristol, Lilliput Press, 1986.. FIRST EDITION 1986, 20 x 20 mm, 13/16 x 13/16 of an inch (cover size), miniature fold out concertina book of 25 pages, 24 delicately hand coloured including the title page, plus colophon page, bound into original publisher's pink cloth wallet style binding with tuck-in flap, gilt border to upper cover with gilt corner ornaments and gilt title, spine plain, hand marbled endpapers. No inscriptions, a Fine crisp clean copy. An A to Z of the Victorian language of flowers in which every flower had a meaning. At the top of each page is a pretty hand coloured flower illustration with below it a list of flowers beginning with that letter with their meanings. MORE IMAGES ATTACHED TO THIS LISTING, ALL ZOOMABLE, FURTHER IMAGES ON REQUEST. POSTAGE AT COST.
Review this book and you'll be entered for a chance to win $50!
(Log-in or create an account first!)
- Roger Middleton (GB)
- Bookseller Inventory #
- FLOWER TALK.
- CLEMENTS, A. (illustrator). Miniature book.:
- Book condition
- Quantity available
- Place of Publication
- Bristol, Lilliput Press, 1986.
- ALPHABET ABC FLOWERS MINIATURE CONCERTINA BOOK HAND COLOURED
Terms of Sale
We have been established booksellers for 42 years. We are a postal business only (strictly no callers). We are long-standing members of the P.B.F.A. the largest trade association for antiquarian booksellers in the UK. We wrap all our parcels in new materials and all our books are insured at our expense. Books may be returned if wrongly described, all costs will be met by us. ****PLEASE NOTE: POSTAGE WILL BE CHARGED AT COST, MEANING THAT POSTAGE WILL BE REDUCED ON PARCELS WEIGHING UNDER 1 KILO, AND IT WILL BE INCREASED ON MOST PARCELS WEIGHING MORE THAN 1 KILO****
About the Seller
Biblio.com member since: 2010
Ask Seller a Question
About Roger Middleton
We are a postal business only, selling rare and antiquarian books on interesting subjects.
Some terminology that may be used in this description includes:
- A term often used to indicate a book's new-like condition. Indicates that the hinges are not loosened. A book described as crisp...[more]
- The colophon contains information about a book's publisher, the typesetting, printer, and possibly even includes a printer's...[more]
- title page
- A page at the front of a book which may contain the title of the book, any subtitles, the authors, contributors, editors, the...[more]
- The outer portion of a book which covers the actual binding. The spine usually faces outward when a book is placed on a shelf....[more]
- "Cloth-bound" generally refers to a hardcover book with cloth covering the outside of the book covers. The cloth is stretched...[more]
- The decorative application of gold or gold coloring to a portion of a book on the spine, edges of the text block, or an inlay in...[more]
- A book that is less then 3 inches in width and ...[more]
- A book in fine condition exhibits no flaws. A fine condition book closely approaches As New condition, but may lack the...[more]
- First Edition
- In book collecting, the first edition is the earliest published form of a book. A book may have more than one first edition in...[more]